The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan - re "daisies", the bokeh has vibrance, it seems to be moving. I have to use my CV 40 more. :thumbs:

Here is another from the Isco 50/1.9 plus tilt

Keith

seakayaker

I agree, but the bokeh is mostly in your brain, not that there is anything wrong with that :sleep006::sleep006:
Nice to see you here again, Klaus

Keith
++1!

Beautiful Shot! Wonderful subject matter, composition, color and clarity, sharp, and after thinking about lifting the glass . . . . . noticed the bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

M5-Guy

G1 Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 SC
@f/1.4 or f/2
Desaturated to look like an old time image

f/4 I think

Shoot in raw, and developed and converted in ACDSee Pro 3

Last edited:

kds315

Well, quite a bunch of nice shots to drool about here ... can't really concentrate on work, missing way too much here ;) ;)

Keith: that's a pretty interesting tilting adapter, need to try that one out too.

It's Rudbeckia blossoming time here also now, so I need to get out and shoot some more! They have a "built in" secret, they look very differently to bees and butterflies than to us as they have a hidden pattern only visible in ultraviolet (UV) light (this is a preproduction shot from a recent BBC project). This is a mapped shot, left part what we see, right part + butterfly how they might see it (UV mapped in as blue)

seakayaker

Lovely shot Klaus!

Please give us a heads up when the BBC project is broadcast.

. . . . . and thanks for the Wikipedia link yesterday!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Chocolate Flower

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/800

and

Clematis

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/40

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Daisies

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2000
Life is Grand!
Dan ~ ;)

Hi Dan,
Great posts in this Bokeh thread and the Contax G Lenses thread as well. This particular one is wonderful as Keith has said -- " ... it seems to be moving ...". I will definitely get one of these Nokton lenses. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Just to stimulate the global economy, I acquired another ISCO lens -- ISCO GOTTINGEN EDIXA - ISCOTAR 1:2,8/50. Made in Germany. Here are a couple of test shots:

This lens is really tiny compared to the IGW 50/1.9 lens. :)

kds315

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just to stimulate the global economy, I acquired another ISCO lens -- ISCO GOTTINGEN EDIXA - ISCOTAR 1:2,8/50. Made in Germany. Here are a couple of test shots:

This lens is really tiny compared to the IGW 50/1.9 lens. :)
Leica - looks like you have discovered another performer in the Isco family - this is going to give Dan a headache :deadhorse:

Keith

M5-Guy

Got my ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar T* Today

Wonderful Lens
It "Draws" beautifully IMO
Wonderful Colors too.
I only adj contrast and sharpened, before I converted the raw to jpg.

Leica 77

Leica - looks like you have discovered another performer in the Isco family - this is going to give Dan a headache :deadhorse:
Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your positive comments! Two more ISCO GOTTINGEN lenses (100mm and 135mm) should be arriving here soon. As you say, the ISCO family seems to be growing. Best, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Re: Got my ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar T* Today

Wonderful Lens
It "Draws" beautifully IMO
Wonderful Colors too.
I only adj contrast and sharpened, before I converted the raw to jpg.

Hi M5-Guy,
Great capture! I have an older version of the Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50/1,5 lens. It also produces pleasing bokeh. Best, Leica 77. :)

seakayaker

G1 Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 SC
@f/1.4 or f/2
Desaturated to look like an old time image

f/4 I think

Shoot in raw, and developed and converted in ACDSee Pro 3
M5-Guy, very nice shots with the 35/1.4!

I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am the 40/1.4!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Keith
+1!

Love the top shot & the bokeh!

. . . . . yes three more Ibuprofen and add another lens to the wish list!:rolleyes:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)