The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Seconded

Lovely composition where the bokeh and the subject work so well together

Keith
+++3

. . . . . you nailed it Michiel! My first thought was fireworks (strange mind I know) . . . . . the image of the flowers appears to burst from the center, and I love the shades of green and straw, and the detail and the bokeh!

Wonderful bokehgraph!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

R

radatax

Hi everyone, lovely shots here and it's nice to meet a thriving M4/3 community. Here's some of my stuff done on a GF1 with a reversed Panasonic 20/1.7:

It's a beautiful little gem of a lens :)

seakayaker

Radatax, vibrant colors and a lovely soft blur bokeh! Nicely done . . . . .

. . . . . and the 20/1.7 is a wonderful lens!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Keith, that leave has a nice texture and looks sharp as a knife!

Love the narrow DOF and bokeh and color output from your Ricoh 50mm f2.8 Macro . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Tropaeolum Majus ~ Nasturtium

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/1300

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Helenium ~ Sneezeweeds

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/1300
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
This is a gorgeous capture! The bokeh in the background is truly beautiful, not to mention the flowers in sharp focus in the foreground. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:: :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Dan,
This is a gorgeous capture! The bokeh in the background is truly beautiful, not to mention the flowers in sharp focus in the foreground. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:: :)
I'm with all these folks who love your stuff Dan, you are a master of flower bokehgraphy - I love the lone Cosmos (some of the bokeh looks like an impressionist painting, with the lovely thick flower stems)

Keith

seakayaker

Leica, Klaus, & Keith, thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.

I was out Sunday for a few hours shooting with the Contax G 45/2 and 90/2.8 . . . . .

. . . . . the output from the two lens is always very good and do love the sharpness that can be captured with the wonderful bokeh when wide open.

Last night I posted a few from the 90, tonight a few from the 45.

Dahlia

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/1600

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)