The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Bokeh Birthday Choice 2

This is a recent shot with the Italian tilt shift adapter and a pentax 50mm 1.4
(thanks keith for your help and advice in this purchase)
I was walking thru the backyard and I saw this swarm of swirling bugs. Perfect for a Bokeh shot.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Leica and Mike - stellar images in the past three posts. We have so much quality stuff that one day doesn't seem like enough. I enjoy seeing these beautiful pictures again

I have one hour to go, and I'm going to squeeze some more in.

This one is from Spain - I loved these squares with highly manicured trees. I had my tilt adapter with me and it worked well to highlight the trees against their background

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Had to do one from the crazy Chinese c-mount TV lens. Jack wants to buy it when I'm exhausted with it :eek::eek::eek:.

It's given me lots of fun and plenty to do in post processing

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is my last one, and I have over extended my welcome! I'm off to bed, but people like Dan have a few hours left.

It's been a slice :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks everyone for joining in

Lets see what the next year will bring

This was taken through a bus window in Montevideo with rain coming down in buckets - but I like it

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is my last one, and I have over extended my welcome! I'm off to bed, but people like Dan have a few hours left.

It's been a slice :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks everyone for joining in

Lets see what the next year will bring

This was taken through a bus window in Montevideo with rain coming down in buckets - but I like it

Keith

Keith, you have had a great year with the bokehgraphs! Working with a theme for a year is a great way to develop your vision, and you have definitely fine tuned yours. I love the statue shot.
I hope the thread keeps on going.

Cheers
Mike

seakayaker

It's 8:40 PM Pacific Time Zone and I just got home . . . . .

. . . . . wanted to post at least one more before the midnight hour arrives.

Cosmos

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/640

Needed to pick one from the Carl Zeiss 45mm f2 . . . . . love the Contax G 45 & 90 . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . as the midnight hour approaches, one more blast from the past . . . . .

Flower Balls

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/160 -- 9cm

Photo taken on June 6th while on a garden tour on a cool rainy day . . . . .

. . . . . love the bokeh from the 1954 Elmar 9cm f4!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Chinese Lantern

Well it is getting past my bedtime and I can not wait for midnight to arrive, so I will post a new bokehgraph with a new lens that I picked up from the post office late this afternoon . . . . .

Chinese Lantern

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

- One Tulip​
-

G1 + Isco-Göttingen Berolina Westromat 35/2.8[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Hi Michiel and Keith,
This is such a great tribute to our Mentor Keith who has done a stellar job in "setting up this wonderful thread and keeping it afloat ... " (rain, snow, or shine) for the past 365 days ... BTW, I love the beautiful tulip also taken with your ISCO GOTTINGEN BEROLINA WESTROMAT 35/2.8 glass. The heartfelt song from Amsterdam that you have translated says it all. :)

++ 1!

Michiel, Love your tulip!

. . . . . I feel like a fortune teller . . . . . I see ISCO Gottingen Lens in the future . . . . . It must be GAS . . . . .

Life is Grand!

seakayaker

As a tribute to my FLAD project, here's a flower bokehgraph I shot in Russia approx 1 month ago, with the G1 and a Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8

Congrats to the topic starter and all the participants !!

C U,
Rafael

Rafael, thanks for the wonderful Bokehgraph!

I have enjoyed all of your FLAD shots over the past few months!

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Bekeh Thread -- First Anniversary Celebration -- Image #2

For sure, I can certainly relate to what Michiel mentioned, "When I take a photograph spontaneously, often the first one is the best." The above image (No. 197 in this thread) was posted shortly after the creation of this thread in September, 2009. The image shows OOF blue bottles (+ 1 tall stemmed glass) behind translucent ground glass panels. The translucent ground glass served as if it was an externally placed extra-element of the kit lens. Once again, congratulations to all of you, and especially, to our Mentor Keith! :)

Leica, I love the shot! Simple & Beautiful, wonderful capture of the blue bottles and the one tall stemmed glass, nice catch . . . . .

. . . . . this was posted seven months before I found GetDPI.com and subsequently the Bokeh Thread. It has been a blast since then, and congratulations to you, and as you said, "and especially, to our Mentor Keith!"

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Here is my second one

When Mike Regnier discovered the bokeh thread, his pictures always had an element of "in focus" and his belief is that the viewer needs some sharpness to grapple with the image. His early contributions used the Lensbaby, and this turned me on to tilt adapters.

Here is my dog picture taken with my Pentax 50/1.4 plus Italian Tilt adapter.

I was in Ibiza, just walking around and I came across the guy and his dog. They seemed so at home together. His master wanted to keep an eye on him and gave him a very long lead. I adjusted the tilt to try to get the focus on both of them. I would like a dog like that, but I have to settle with Benny the Bengal :eek::eek::eek:

Keith

Keith this absolutely one of my favorite bokehgraphs! This one along with a bokehgraph that you submitted titled "Square in Cadiz!"

Thanks for all your efforts to keep the bokeh thread alive and well!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Bokeh Birthday Choice 1

Thanks for starting this thread Keith. It is what got me started posting images to the forum. Before Bokeh, I was just a looker.
This is one of my favorites because it is so different from what I usually do and it got me back into the mode of shooting out of focus which is easy to do with micro 4/3rds and manual focus lenses wide open! Just kidding.

Mike
Beautiful Bokehgraph Mike!

It is an awesome shot . . . . . Love the colors and the bokeh circles!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Sitting here and thought I would quickly review the bokehgraphs submitted throughout the day . . . . . look up and its midnight . . . . . tomorrow is going to be another long day . . . . .

Well this years Birthday Party is over for me . . . . .

. . . . . Might as well get year 2 started with a new bokehgraph on the books.

Bee Resting on the Echinacea ~ Coneflowers

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/160

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Was to late for my second contribution.
Good to see some more really good ones which I was missing from Keith, Mike, Leica77 and Dan! :)

So here is a new one from a few days ago.

Michiel

- Passing by -

G1 + Minolta Rokkor 250/5.6​

kds315

WOW, another one joined the Kinoptik-club!! Great ones Dan!! Plain wonderful!!

Last edited:

kds315

Agree with you here, Klaus. This one is stunning. Is this one of the x-ray lenses?

Keith
Well seen Keith, this IS one of my (converted) Xray lenses!
Outstanding bokehgraphs the two you posted!!

Michel Regnier: that is a great one, like that turquoise color a lot!