The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Is this the Kinoptik society, or what?
Gentlemen, these lenses are stunning! Well done. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

But I am not gonne buy one for the prices I see them passing by :cool:
There is a matter of fact I am not going to buy any lens at all. ( for a while :eek:)

Michiel

seakayaker

Kinoptik 25/2.0

"Fading Flowers of Summer"

I am in awe of this lens. I'm almost afraid to use it, in case I mess it up. The ultimate bokegraphy lens, for sure

Keith

Beautiful shot Keith! . . . . . it is a bokeh machine!

Work has been crazy this week and have only had the opportunity for a couple of short time periods in the evening to use the Kinoptik. Looking forward to spending more time with the lens this weekend!

At times I can truly understand how a person can just stick with one or two lens . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Is this the Kinoptik society, or what?
Gentlemen, these lenses are stunning! Well done. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

But I am not gonne buy one for the prices I see them passing by :cool:
There is a matter of fact I am not going to buy any lens at all. ( for a while :eek:)

Michiel
Hey Michiel

Maybe the folks here could councel you through this dark period in your life. I bought a couple of lenses for $20 each this morning

Keith

Last edited:
A

arpoador

Olympus OM 50mm f/3.5

This is one of the first pix I took with my E-P2. At that point I had the kitzoom, an OM adapter, and two lenses that I still had left over from the '70's. This was one of them.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hey Michiel

Maybe the folks here could councel you through this dark period in your life. I bought a couple of lenses for $20 each this morning

Keith
At Lensoholic Anonymous they told me; "no more then 1 lens a week!"

So I am set for three weeks. Three Canon FL lenses € 37,50 the lot in mint condition. Took me a while to get them fit on my adapter, but it works.

G1 + Canon FL 85/1.8​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
At Lensoholic Anonymous they told me; "no more then 1 lens a week!"

So I am set for three weeks. Three Canon FL lenses € 37,50 the lot in mint condition. Took me a while to get them fit on my adapter, but it works.

G1 + Canon FL 85/1.8[/CENTER]
Thats a good "fix", Miciel - should last a while.

Lovely image from the 85mm

Keith

m3photo

Re: Rain Through Windows

This was taken through a bus window in Montevideo with rain coming down in buckets - but I like it

Keith

Following on with your image, which together with many is also one of my favourites, I took this one also from a bus (the Nº 10 from King's Cross to Hammersmith to be precise), on a pedestrian crossing somewhere between Knightsbridge and the Royal Albert Hall. Quite plainly; it was also raining buckets:

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Rain Through Windows

Following on with your image, which together with many is also one of my favourites, I took this one also from a bus (the Nº 10 from King's Cross to Hammersmith to be precise), on a pedestrian crossing somewhere between Knightsbridge and the Royal Albert Hall. Quite plainly; it was also raining buckets:

Very nice one Michael! A true mixture of a waterballet and bokeh. :)

Michiel

biglouis

Great stuff in this thread. I must admit, as I was taking this photograph, I was thinking of this thread.

GF-1 45/2.8

seakayaker

Thats a good "fix", Miciel - should last a while.

Lovely image from the 85mm

Keith
Michiel, beautiful bokehgraph!

I disagree with Keith, from what I know of you this fix will only calm you down for a few days. Your wife is going to have to keep a close eye on you . . . . . :ROTFL:

. . . . . you may not be happy until you have enough lenses to complete 'APADWADLFAY' . . . . . :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

APADWADLFAY = a photo a day with a different lens for a year

seakayaker

Olympus OM 50mm f/3.5

This is one of the first pix I took with my E-P2. At that point I had the kitzoom, an OM adapter, and two lenses that I still had left over from the '70's. This was one of them.

Arpoador, welcome to the bokeh thread . . . .

Love the detail and the soft blur bokeh produced with you one of your legacy lenses!

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Great stuff in this thread. I must admit, as I was taking this photograph, I was thinking of this thread.

GF-1 45/2.8

Louis, a beautiful shot, sharp edges on the flower, the water drops and the soft blur bokeh!

The 45/2.8 continues to impress . . . . . perhaps someday . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)