The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

A

arpoador

This is a great thread. After walking through the hundreds of pix, I'm looking at bokeh in a completely different way.

Now some pix I had rejected are looking interesting.

I saved this picture because I liked the play of (lack of) light, but thought that the non-circular, non-soft bokeh marred it. Now I think it's OK against the silhouette:

Lumix G2, OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 wide open

Last edited:

seakayaker

arpoador, the portrait with the circular bokeh is very nice. I like the shot, sharp features of the man's face with the green/black soft blur with white circular bokeh.

. . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

A

arpoador

In this one, the bokeh (which is the direct-view image inside the shop) overlays the reflected portrait image. Shows the same eccentric but sharp circular pattern as the one above.

E-P2, OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4

Last edited:

kds315

Interesting effect that filter delivers!

KINOPTIK: one 2/25mm just appeared here in the bay 150493260912 (I have no relations)

kds315

This is a great thread. After walking through the hundreds of pix, I'm looking at bokeh in a completely different way.

Now some pix I had rejected are looking interesting.

I saved this picture because I liked the play of (lack of) light, but thought that the non-circular, non-soft bokeh marred it. Now I think it's OK against the silhouette:

Lumix G2, OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 wide open
a very nice one IMHO!!

seakayaker

Hi Keith,
I simply love the hint of fall in your two images. From the rather unusually hot summer, we are moving into another season! The atmosphere captured in your images is delightful. :)

++1!

Nice work with the soft focus lens! The first shot looks like stained glass, love the light, detail of the leaves and the grass in the upper left hand conner . . . . .

. . . . . and the second is quite nice with the soft fall color with the appearance of a late fall afternoon sun. Very Nice!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Wonderful shot! Love the light and the beautiful circular bokeh!
. . . . . Light Bubbles raising from mother earth!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your kind comments. It is always very nice to receive your feedback. The mother earth was covered with shiny morning dew which looked like light bubbles as you mentioned. :)

seakayaker

Dahlias

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2000

This shot was taken on Sep 5th . . . . . I find the bokeh pleasing ~ along with the colors . . . . . the artichoke plants, some with blue tops appear like ghosts . . . . .

Starting a road trip tomorrow evening . . . . . . hope to follow the thread and contribute while I'm gone . . . . .

Live is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Dahlias

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2000

This shot was taken on Sep 5th . . . . . I find the bokeh pleasing ~ along with the colors . . . . . the artichoke plants, some with blue tops appear like ghosts . . . . .

Starting a road trip tomorrow evening . . . . . . hope to follow the thread and contribute while I'm gone . . . . .

Live is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Nice one Dan! This is a great lens for flowerbokeh's. The backgrounds are stunning.
Have a nice trip and bring some flowers :)

Michiel