The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Now sth very different, a 100 year old Meyer Goerlitz Schnellarbeiter (= quick worker) Atelier uncoated brass lens f3 135mm (Petzval type) and a still life shot fully open.

"Roses wilting" ... Autum is approaching...

[/QUOTE

Klaus

This one struck me the first time I saw it - seems like a perfect fit between subject and lens
I had an anniversary yesterday, so we have some roses that are now at their peak. When they give up the ghost, I'm going to try the Klaus approach.......now, which lens would I use to do that? Two come to mind :toocool:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Interesting contributions everyone!

Michiel

- Plants and donuts -

G1 + Minolta Rokkor 250/5.6​
Wow - there is a lot to take in here :bugeyes::bugeyes:

The bokeh is derived from an image that is not related to the subject. I'm sure we all have done this by accident, but it holds out a lot of possibilities

Keith

kds315

very nice ones guys indeed!

@Keith: Happy belated anniversary then! This was not a "Klaus" approach, rather some old style still life concept I had applied, using a many generations old lens to match the desired image (actually I matched the scenery to the lens to be honest...). I'm looking forward to seeing yours!!

kevinparis

thanks keith

funny though - i see the two figures in the background as the killers of the pigeon walking away - for some reason the picture to me evokes the old british movie with Michael Caine - Get Carter

K

Michiel Schierbeek

The bokeh is derived from an image that is not related to the subject. I'm sure we all have done this by accident, but it holds out a lot of possibilities

Keith
Hi Keith,

Those were bikes in the background in the late sunlight and the wheels stimulated the donut bokeh from the mirrorlens.

Michiel

Leica 77

Keith
Hi Michiel,
I always enjoy looking at the donut-shape bokeh. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

kds315

Beautiful Leica! (Technically the second shot bokeh stands for a bad corrected lens - but who cares!!)

Autumn is here, the shadows are getting longer...

but the sky is still wonderful to see ...

even if the leaves are starting to fall and my heart starts to say goodbye to summer...

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

"Morning Dew Take 2". G1 + IGW f1,9. :)

Very nice one Leica77! :)

@ Klaus; beautiful serie with nice poetry :)

@ M5-Guy; Nice composition and colours, looks like a kindergarten.

Michiel

Here is one from today, sunday, when I had to get a root canal treatment at the dentist.
Didn't make me feel any better yet so I thought I do something with happy colours to comfort myself.

- Cotton flowers -

G1 + Canon FL 35/2.5​

M5-Guy

Love the pastel colors of that OLD Canon FL 35/2.5!
Beautiful rendering for nature stuff. The OOF areas have a cool look to them.

Thanks for kind words. It was a bunch of chairs nailed to a large base, that was set up on it's end.

Here is one from today, sunday, when I had to get a root canal treatment at the dentist.
Didn't make me feel any better yet so I thought I do something with happy colours to comfort myself.

- Cotton flowers -

G1 + Canon FL 35/2.5​

f6cvalkyrie

This topic continues going stronger and stronger ...:D
Congrats to all the participants :thumbs::thumbs:

Here's one I shot this morning with the G1 and the newly acquired Leitz Hektor 125/2.5

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

This topic continues going stronger and stronger ...:D
Congrats to all the participants :thumbs::thumbs:

Here's one I shot this morning with the G1 and the newly acquired Leitz Hektor 125/2.5

C U,
Rafael
Wow! Raphael! Quiet a lens, sharp and with beautiful OOF area. Looks like the older lenses have that special charactar.
Congrats with your purchase!

Michiel

@ M5-Guy; Thank you!