The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Keith,
Wow! It's a great bokehgraph! I love the colors and beautiful bokeh. "Three Chairs" and Three Cheers! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)
+ 1 for this typical Spanish bokehgraph! Three thumbs from me too, :thumbup::thumbs:

@ Thanks OlliL! Loved the first blue flower with Your Canon FD 50/1.4
Isn't it a fine lens!

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Sorry for being so absent from this topic the last days, both in commenting and in posting. I have a few other things on my mind :(

Here's one that I shot a few weeks ago, with the G1 and the 45-200 @ 200mm, handheld.

No flowers in this one ;)

C U,
Rafael
Hope all is fine RAF!

Nice toys and nice bokeh.

I have had three of those grey Deux cheveaux's in my younger days. They were so steady on the road that you could take a roundebout at top speed which was only 90 km an hour :D

Cheers, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sorry for being so absent from this topic the last days, both in commenting and in posting. I have a few other things on my mind :(

Here's one that I shot a few weeks ago, with the G1 and the 45-200 @ 200mm, handheld.

No flowers in this one ;)

C U,
Rafael
Lovely saturated colors, Raf, as in Leica's "Globe Take" at the top of this page.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Leica, Dan and Michiel for a vote on the "Three Chairs" image

Dan, your colors are wonderful these days :thumbs:

Here is another one from Cadiz (one of my trees in squares series :rolleyes::))

Same old tilt +Pentax 50/1.4

Keith

Leica 77

. . . . . thank you Rafael, Leica, and Michiel for your greetings and kind workds!
Still in a very nice relaxed space after returning from vacation last week!
Ava

GF1 with Leica Summicron - M Aspherical 35mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/1300
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
One of the versions of the Leica M Summicron 35mm f/2 lens has been regarded as "the King of Bokeh" by some photographers. This one is my favorite! The bokeh is stellar! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

seakayaker

. . . . . Leica, thank you for your kind words!

I enjoy the shot with the light, color and bokeh quite a bit myself. . . . .

Echinacea ~ Coneflowers

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/200

Begonia Grandis with Anemones & Echinacea

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/160

Anemones with Begonia Grandis

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Michiel, that first one looks great.
That "Gulf" logo is well positioned!

Kind regards

++1! Lovely color (love the shades of Blue) and the bokeh is wonderful!

Please no more testikel shots! Scary stuff . . . . . at my age, I have no need to have a glimpse of the future! :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Thanks Leica, Dan and Michiel for a vote on the "Three Chairs" image

Dan, your colors are wonderful these days :thumbs:

Here is another one from Cadiz (one of my trees in squares series :rolleyes::))

Same old tilt +Pentax 50/1.4

Keith

Keith, your trees from your series last year are among my favorites that you have posted in this thread! Perhaps one of my all time favorites was the one titled "Square in Cadiz!" (see post 2553)

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Another one with the Sigma Mirror lens - 1/800s, f5.6, ISO 400

Keith

[/CENTER]
Keith love the Circular Bokeh in this shot! Great detail and bokeh! Outstanding!

. . . . . now with the other shot, where you using a sun deflection screen as background? I like the foreground blur bokeh moving to the sharp edges on the leaves in the background. Something new?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Two with a Seimar lens with ext. tube. (A rather unknown Japanese lens for Exakta)

G1 + Seimar 135/2.8 + ext. tube

G1 + Seimar 135/2.8 + ext. tube​

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith love the Circular Bokeh in this shot! Great detail and bokeh! Outstanding!

. . . . . now with the other shot, where you using a sun deflection screen as background? I like the foreground blur bokeh moving to the sharp edges on the leaves in the background. Something new?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Dan

The Mirror lens has such a small depth of field that if there is not much subject behind it, it shows up like this (there is in fact a road there, but not enough detail to image)

Keith

seakayaker

. . . . . some heavy rain in Seattle at times today . . . . . a visit to the Conservatory in Volunteer Park for some indoor shots . . . . .

Volunteer Park Conservatory

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/500

Volunteer Park Conservatory

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/320

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

R

radatax

Lovely lovely pix from the Summicron 35/2 and the Zeiss Planar 45/2, the IGW 50 also makes striking images. Autumn's here, the last rays of summer are gone, and it'll be winter soon. I just wish I had a drawer full of lenses to try out :)

seakayaker

Lovely lovely pix from the Summicron 35/2 and the Zeiss Planar 45/2, the IGW 50 also makes striking images. Autumn's here, the last rays of summer are gone, and it'll be winter soon. I just wish I had a drawer full of lenses to try out :)
. . . . . I didn't have a drawer full of lens until I started following this bokeh thread!

Picked up some on ebay, some at camera shops, some from on-line stores in their used photography sections . . . . .

It has been fun along the way.

Shoot with what you have and share with the rest of us!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . out for a walk in the neighborhood this morning in a light rain . . . . . Autumn is here.

Tree with Leaves Held with Spider Web Threads

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/40

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)