The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

3 more with different lenses. all with the G1.

Cheers, Michiel

All three are wonderful bokehgraphs! . . . . . and each of the photographs renders a different bokeh . . . . .

I would not expect anything less from Schierbeek photography!
( did I pronounce that correctly? ) :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Dahlia Garden ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 200 -- f/2 -- 1/1000

and

GF1 with Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. -- ISO 200 -- f/2 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Dan! You are doing very well yourself with those toplenses. :bugeyes:

As long you pronounce Schierbeek like Sggierbeek you will get near what it should sound like. :lecture:

Here are three more for the road from a lens i just got today and could only use in the very late clouded light. You seem to get all the sunshine these days. :(
It is soft and does vignettes even wide open a bit, and this pre war lens renders quiet funny. Still have to clean it though.

Michiel

Last edited:

seakayaker

Michiel, I love the circular bokeh and colors produced by your Trioplan 7.5cm/2.8! Beautiful Bokehgraphs ~ Outstanding!

Jamesbong, love the sharpness to the open page and the soft blur bokeh in your shot! Wonderful Bokehgraph!

. . . . . out and about this morning for a walk in some light rain, the forcast is for stormy weather this weekend. Will continue to visit the annual Dahlia Garden in Volunteer Park until they have lost their bloom . . . . . on this visit it was the GF1 with the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 Asph. . . . .

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/250

and

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/640

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

ricseet, your image did not display.

In Flickr use the 'View all sizes' from the 'Action' drop down menu, choose the size you want to display, then copy the address.

When posting @ GetDpi, mouse click on the Icon at the top of the box which is yellow and has a couple of mountains, then 'Copy' the image address into the box and select the OK button.

. . . . . hope that helps . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi !

Michiel, I really like the new presentation you're using for your posts here !
And some very nice bokehgraphs !

Dan, superb Dahlia and Lilly shots !

Klaus, very nice pics with your Cine Ektar.
I have the 15mm/f2.55 that unfortunately doesn't cover the sensor, but produces interesting effects !

Here's one I shot during my sunday morning walk in the park.
The last shot of the series, because the rain set in really heavy :mad:

G1 with Reflex-Nikkor 500/8

C U,
Rafael

kds315

Lucerne / Switzerland as seen through my quartz soft focus lens on GH1 at "l'heure bleue".

I wanted to stay with the same topic "water" I guess Raf! Very nice bokeh shot!!

@Dan: again, wonderful Dahlias!!

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely shots, everyone

Raf - these Mirror lenses are wonderful to use in bokehgraphy. My Sigma is one of my favorites

Here is a simple one - called "Tired Hydrangea"

Sony 18-55 zoom (1/100s,f6,ISO640)

Keith

M

meilicke

Hi !

Michiel, I really like the new presentation you're using for your posts here !
And some very nice bokehgraphs !

Dan, superb Dahlia and Lilly shots !

Klaus, very nice pics with your Cine Ektar.
I have the 15mm/f2.55 that unfortunately doesn't cover the sensor, but produces interesting effects !

Here's one I shot during my sunday morning walk in the park.
The last shot of the series, because the rain set in really heavy :mad:

G1 with Reflex-Nikkor 500/8

C U,
Rafael
Rafael, I love the transition between the water ripples, rain, to circular bokeh.

Scott

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is a picture of Toronto at night (but it never looks like this :deadhorse:)
Grain added by NOISE

It's funny, the artists who used pointillism to achieve their goals (eg Seurat) were constructing their images from discreet spots of color positioned carefully against one another - whereas, us photographers are constantly fighting the "destruction" of our pictures into the constituent spots of colors from which they were made.

Sony 18-55 zoom

Keith

seakayaker

Rafael, I love the transition between the water ripples, rain, to circular bokeh.

Scott

++1! Rafael, it is a beautiful bokehgraph! Love the black and white effect with the circular bokeh, small to large circles from bottom to top . . . . . a wonderful shot!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Lucerne / Switzerland as seen through my quartz soft focus lens on GH1 at "l'heure bleue".

I wanted to stay with the same topic "water" I guess Raf! Very nice bokeh shot!!
Beautiful colors and soft bokeh produced with your quartz soft focus lens! . . . . . love the oval shape of lights produced with the lens . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

Here is a picture of Toronto at night (but it never looks like this :deadhorse:)
Grain added by NOISE

It's funny, the artists who used pointillism to achieve their goals (eg Seurat) were constructing their images from discreet spots of color positioned carefully against one another - whereas, us photographers are constantly fighting the "destruction" of our pictures into the constituent spots of colors from which they were made.

Sony 18-55 zoom

Keith

Wonderful work Keith!

Thanks for the wishes Dan!

seakayaker

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/3200

and

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/2500

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . a beautiful shot Keith, that is some bokeh for shooting at f5.6!

The leaves are sharp, nice colors with some nice circular bokeh!

Are you shooting with a NEX?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)