The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

. . . . . heavy rains with strong winds over the past 24 hours . . . . . on my next visit up to the Dahlia Garden I may not be seeing the beautiful Dahlia blooms . . . . .

Dahlias

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/1300

and

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/3200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . . . a beautiful shot Keith, that is some bokeh for shooting at f5.6!

The leaves are sharp, nice colors with some nice circular bokeh!

Are you shooting with a NEX?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
It's an a55, Dan. I'm putting it through its paces on bokehgraphy. This one is taken in HDR mode (it brackets three exposures and processes them in camera). I am getting really good dynamic range using this - it saves the normal shot for comparison.

I'm ordering the M42 adapter as I have a lot of those old lenses.

Keith

seakayaker

. . . . . more rain & wind, buckets of rain falling last night, at least that was the sound effects for awhile . . . . . This evening when I came home from work I took a couple of pictures of the remains of the sidewalk garden . . . . .

The Autumn Garden ~ Rudbeckia ~ Black Eyed Susan

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/60

and

The Autumn Garden ~ Dahlia

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/30

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . stepping outside the garden for a moment . . . . . a shot from a restaurant table of girl passing by . . . . .

Girl Outside My Window

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/15

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

Great shots Dan! Obviously the decline of flowers has already started where you live. Here we had the first night with frost, so the flowers will be gone soon here...

Xenon 40mm lens on GH1

Last edited:

seakayaker

Klaus, Love the bokeh created with the Xenon 40mm lens! . . . . . and thank you for your kind words . . . . .

Things are starting to fade but I did get a chance to run by the Dahlia Garden on Tuesday evening prior to meeting a friend for dinner. Many of the flowers were bowed by the rain and wind but some remained upright and beautiful. . . . .

Dahlia Garden ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/60

and

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/80

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

The Super Comat 1" f1.9 looks incredibly sharp and love the bokeh! A lovely Bokehgraph!

. . . . . is the vignetting natural with the lens on the micro 4/3rds or are you using a hood?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . October 30th, Brisk Day with Rain and the flowers are still holding up . . . . .

Dahlia Garden ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.5 -- 1/320

and

GF1 with Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.5 -- 1/320

Life is Grand

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . rain & cool weather throughout the day . . . . .

Dahlias on the Sidewalk Garden

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 200 -- f2 -- 1/200

and

GF1 with Kinoptik Paris Apochromat 25mm f2 -- ISO 200 -- f2 -- 1/80

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . . . stepping outside the garden for a moment . . . . . a shot from a restaurant table of girl passing by . . . . .

Girl Outside My Window

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH - ISO 200 - f/1.5 - 1/15

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan - I forgot to post on this one earlier. I think is is brilliant, let's hope we see some more street bokehgraphs from you.

I like the angle of the poles, the look from the guy across the street and the intermixing of the legs.

Hope you start a series

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Beautiful, Klaus

I'm going to have to start saving my money and being nice to the wife again :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Keith

seakayaker

Dan - I forgot to post on this one earlier. I think is is brilliant, let's hope we see some more street bokehgraphs from you.

I like the angle of the poles, the look from the guy across the street and the intermixing of the legs.

Hope you start a series

Keith
Thanks for you kind words Keith.

. . . . . the idea of a series sounds like a good idea. I'll pass it by my better half and let her know I need to increase my eating out budget to work on the shots! :angel:

I'll see what I can put together, winter is coming on soon, heading into the gray and green season in the Emerald City!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely images, Oliver

I especially like 1 and 4. The composition of the portrait is really good when coupled with the bokeh. I have this lens, I should use it more often

Keith