The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . . . and when walking by a lamp shop there jus may be some . . . . .

Sidewalk Weeds

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan

This a reprise - I got to it late :deadhorse:

Love the bokeh and the color in the bokeh - very nice image

Keith

seakayaker

Michiel

Beautiful piece of art

Keith
++1! It is a wonderful bokehgraph Michiel . . . . . Love the Minolta Rokkar 85/2! I bid on one of these lens over the summertime and thought I was close to making a winning bid. Someone really wanted and jumped in the closing seconds with a bid that took the lens at a price I did not want to pay.

. . . . ah, time & patience . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Dan

This a reprise - I got to it late :deadhorse:

Love the bokeh and the color in the bokeh - very nice image

Keith
. . . . . there is an old saying back in Massachusetts, in regards to a town in the Cape Ann area . . . . . "Light finally dawns on Marblehead."

Thanks for your kind words regarding the leaves and the weeds!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Blue Flower | Volunteer Park Conservatory | Seattle, WA

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/500

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
The leaves have almost gone - now we just wait for the first snow :mad:

This is from my European cruise in April of this year

"I love Ibiza"

G1 with Pentax 50/1.4 and tilt adapter

Keith

Leica 77

The leaves have almost gone - now we just wait for the first snow :mad:
This is from my European cruise in April of this year
"I love Ibiza"
G1 with Pentax 50/1.4 and tilt adapter
Keith
Hi Keith,

It's a lovely bokehgraph. The bokeh enhanced by the use of your tilt adapter is quite effective. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

Leica 77

Hi Keith, Michiel, Dan, Raf, Klaus, Lili, M5-Guy, and others,
Your contributions to this thread are always inspiring. During the past month, I had a rather unusually busy schedule, and I am now trying to catch up with all of you.

"In Anticipation of the Upcoming Holiday Season". G1 + IGW 50mm. :)

seakayaker

Hi Keith, Michiel, Dan, Raf, Klaus, Lili, M5-Guy, and others,
Your contributions to this thread are always inspiring. During the past month, I had a rather unusually busy schedule, and I am now trying to catch up with all of you.

"In Anticipation of the Upcoming Holiday Season". G1 + IGW 50mm. :)

Leica, as always the IGW 50mm rocks! Love the sharp detail and the beautiful Bokeh!

Welcome back!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Out Of Focus ~ Cascade Sunrise

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/40

. . . . . one of those mornings where there is cloud cover with a band of clearing weather between the mountains and the clouds on the horizon. I took a picture in focus which just did not look as good as this one (jmho) after I downloaded the pictures from the camera this evening.

A stretch perhaps for bokeh, but . . . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Out Of Focus ~ Cascade Sunrise

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/40

. . . . . one of those mornings where there is cloud cover with a band of clearing weather between the mountains and the clouds on the horizon. I took a picture in focus which just did not look as good as this one (jmho) after I downloaded the pictures from the camera this evening.

A stretch perhaps for bokeh, but . . . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Lovely one, Dan. One of my favorite kind of bokehgraphs. I scanned the thread over the weekend and realized I wasn't really doing these anymore. I've resolved to change that. This one reminds me of a couple I took at Balaclava.

Keith

kds315

a bokehgraph is not just pointing "somewhere" with open aperture, not even with a f0.95 lens...:D:D Or does the previous entries look like that??

Michiel Schierbeek

TTH Super Comat 1" f1.9 lens on GH1 (there is a sep. thread on that lens now...)
Hello Klaus, forgot to tell you that I really like this very well pointed photograph.
Nice color and it has a great swirl to it! :thumbup:

BTW Would like to see more people give that new Nokton a go, though.

Michiel

kds315

hee hee thanks Michiel.

I would also like to see the Nokton used in some of the many experienced hands here ... as it is on my list.

seakayaker

Hello Klaus, forgot to tell you that I really like this very well pointed photograph.
Nice color and it has a great swirl to it! :thumbup:

BTW Would like to see more people give that new Nokton a go, though.

Michiel
++1!

Klaus, it is a beautiful bokehgraph!

Michiel, as you pointed out the color is wonderful, the lens sharp on focus with a circular bokeh which is very, very, nice!

BTW ~ I will be picking up a Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/.95 tomorrow at the post office . . . . . will be getting a chance to shot with it on Saturday/Sunday! Maybe even a shot late in day on Friday . . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Dan

This is the same image rotated 90 degrees and is called:

"Late afternoon rainbow over the Horseshoe Falls, Niagara"

It's less abstract than the first :deadhorse:

Keith

Leica 77

Thanks Dan
This is the same image rotated 90 degrees and is called:
"Late afternoon rainbow over the Horseshoe Falls, Niagara"
It's less abstract than the first :deadhorse:
Keith
Hi Keith and All,
This is the 3000th post in this wonderful Bokeh Thread. By posting Keith's most recent contribution, we wish to honor him for his tremendous efforts to bring us to another major milestone! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: x 1000. :)