The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

I hope it's okay that I do some blending when I am doing a Bokeh photo. Can't help myself!!

Mike
Of course Mike, happy to see you with some blending in the bokeh environment! Always like to see your work. :salute:
Must find a way to do it the other way round :LOL: :toocool:

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Winner

What? Bending the rules? Hmm, this will not do. :D:D:D
No Michael, there is no blending of the rules here.

I took out my calipers, magnifier, photoshop matrix, and figured out that Mike's image is 5% sharp and 95% out of focus. That makes it a genuine bokehgraph falling under the category of (see Post 450):

"Subdued" realism. It is softened, toned down, and made gentle.

At the last Bokehgraphy board meeting (in my basement) we had a quorum of one and the motion to allow a bit of rough paper background for our images was passed unanimously.

Mike always prints his images on crummy paper and scratches the hell out of it. But there are earlier posts from folks who have followed the same pursuit in the quest for perfection

Lovely one Mike - best to post here rather than that other B . . . thread

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Keith

Last edited:
R

rimasson

Here are some raindrops on a black car, at night.
EP-1 + Porst 55mm @f1.2

turbines

Lovely one, turbines

Can we see another with the Fokker Triplane (if there is one, at the back) at the front? How are these built?

Keith
Thanks Keith. The Red Baron is down on the end of the line. A co-worker's daughter used Perler Beads, toothpicks and some white glue in the construction.

kds315

I fully agree, VERY well done!
(I have the same lens, the original actually made by Cosina, I should give that a try I guess...)