The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks for your comment, Keith !

Your "tree steps to heaven" intrigues me !
You've taken this shot with a "tilt adapter".
I didn't know these exist in the first place, but just saw on Ebay that Kipon offers them even for Nikon F-mount.

Is yours from Kipon, Keith ?
Could you share your impressions about this adapter, specifically, does it focus to infinity ? (if you think it's necessary, in a separate topic ?)

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks for your comment, Keith !

Your "tree steps to heaven" intrigues me !
You've taken this shot with a "tilt adapter".

Is yours from Kipon, Keith ?
Could you share your impressions about this adapter, specifically, does it focus to infinity ? (if you think it's necessary, in a separate topic ?)

C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael + 1 :thumbs: Very intriqueging that picture!

Since Keith might still be snoring in Canada, here is the link of the italian Tilt adapter we both have, I think. It exists in different mounts. So you can even use it as a regular adapter.
http://www.adrianololli.com/articolo.asp?ID=3107

Cheers, Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

here is the link of the italian Tilt adapter we both have, I think.
Thanks, Michiel, for that link !
I've checked that site, but it says "product not available".
I have found that Kipon manufacturer/supplier offering some adapters on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Arrival-Kip...85342?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item483a9c93fe

Maybe, I'll just order one from here, although the timing is bad with very long delivery times from Asia to Europe due to the Holiday Season :-((

Have a nice day,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Michiel, for that link !
I've checked that site, but it says "product not available".
I have found that Kipon manufacturer/supplier offering some adapters on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Arrival-Kip...85342?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item483a9c93fe

Maybe, I'll just order one from here, although the timing is bad with very long delivery times from Asia to Europe due to the Holiday Season :-((

Have a nice day,
Rafael
Hi Raf - I've just woken up :)

The Kipon looks interesting, but from what I see it has 8 degrees of tilt and Adriano's has 30 degrees

It's worth calling Adriano or e-mailing as sometimes his web site may not represent the true situation.

I use the adapter mainly with my Pentax 50/1.4 M42 lens. I seem to be able to get beyond infinity - which yields two kinds of bokeh. There is a discussion on this (check Post # 1301 with the dog picture)

There are a few people on this forum that use the Italian adapter and are very pleased with it.

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

Good morning, thus, Keith !
Thanks for the info, I'll drop Adriano an e-mail and see what comes out.
8° instead of 30° is a real big difference.

C U,
Rafael

Tesselator

These are great shots. Was this the macro version of the Canon FD 200?
It's this guy (no macro):

It has a min. focus distance of 5 feet. My other 4 Canon FD and FL 200mm lenses have a MFD of 8 feet. Here's two shots with it using the Canon Extender 2x-A:

Not really great bokeh samples but... :D

f6cvalkyrie

A new lens found its way to La Hulpe :D
A Kodak Retina Tele-Xenar 135/4 from Schneider Kreuznach in DKL mount, for which I found a µ4/3 adapter in the UK.

So, I'm glad to present to you a first bokeh shot with this lens on my G1

I'll update my FLAD project as soon as the weather allows for some more creative shots

Have a nice day,
Rafael