The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Leica 77

Thanks Leica

Now we have to figure out if Tessellator is Dan Brown in disguise?

Keith
Hi Keith,
In the world of literary and creative writing, one writes, edits, and re-edits until one is satisfied with one's writing. That seems to be part of their professional practice and their professionalism... Best regards, :)

seakayaker

. . . . . city living includes sharing the holiday joy of neighbors who bring home a new born and lay in a bassinet next to the Christmas tree . . . . .

Holiday Newborn in Bassinet

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f1.4 -- ISO 200 -- f1.4 -- 1/0.31250s

. . . . . yes, the rains continue . . . . .

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Dan, great shot !

In our little village, we are facing the second wave of snow for this winter, and we are only 17/12 today.

Here's a moody shot from light night, with the G1 and a Nikkor 24/2.0 with the "Dream #3" filter

Stay safe,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

There is so much going on in my studio that it is a dusty mess at the moment.
We are building a balcony in the space and I am preparing for an exhibition.

But I saw it as an opportunity to photograph some dusty stilllifes without moving a thing with my new $ 18,- Aus Jena (Zeiss) Pancolar 50/2 from Ebay in the States. It has got an aperture ring that does not move so I can only shoot it wide open. Time to get the screwdriver out!
Excuse me for the amount but I like it as a serie for the atmosphere and what that lens does.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

And one more, the best one actually, with that same lens shot by my Canadian relative Graig Hulton at a lovely dinner.

PS I'll keep quiet for a while now :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Michiel,

I absolutely love your "strak in de lak".

I've been running around with my Retina Tele-Xenar all morning :D
This is the shot I loike most :

For 49.00 Euro, I think the lens is just excellent.
A drawback, however, the minimum focus distance is 4m. Not really good for a FLAD

C U soon,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi, Michiel,

I absolutely love your "strak in de lak".

I've been running around with my Retina Tele-Xenar all morning :D
This is the shot I loike most :

For 49.00 Euro, I think the lens is just excellent.
A drawback, however, the minimum focus distance is 4m. Not really good for a FLAD

C U soon,
Rafael

Interesting and exotic lens (mount). Opens up another world of lenses :D

Very nice picture and more then enough bokeh possibilitys for your FLAD project. You can get closer with an ext. tube but that is probably hard to find.

Michiel

PeterB666

Nice one Peter! Like looking from behind a demolished curtain.
I do have that lens also but never used it for bokeh.

Well done.

Cheers, Michiel
Thanks Michiel.

I would say it is a first for me to use it for such a shot and a couple I tried out earlier in that shoot didn't come anywhere near making the grade. I would probably class getting a great bokeh shot out of the 9-18mm as a struggle.

Normally, I would have had my Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 with me but I wanted to pack something smaller and wider in the bag for that day.

Cheers

PeterB666

f6cvalkyrie

This afternoon, my wife and I were in the shopping center.
While the wife did the shopping, I did the shooting :D

G1 with Nikkor 50/1.4

Have a nice evening,
Rafael

seakayaker

. . . . . a short visit to the Volunteer Park Conservatory today . . . . .

Red Flowers

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/2500

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/1600