The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Dan, you're back! :thumbs: Great bokeh with the little red flowers!

@ Klaus, one can feel the cold with this moonphoto.
Also a very nice serie of simple coloured abstracts in red and blue and the very appropriate candlelight.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Leica77, into the Russian Helios now? Nice one! (Still don't have it:))

Here is one with an (former) East German lens. It can focus as close as less then 25 cm.

Michiel

Leica 77

Hi Leica77, into the Russian Helios now? Nice one! (Still don't have it:))

Here is one with an (former) East German lens. It can focus as close as less then 25 cm.

Michiel

Hi Michiel,
The close-focusing capability of your Pentacon glass is certainly a big plus. The bokeh is also quite pleasing.

As to the Helios Russian lens, I just purchased it a few days ago to try it out. It is supposed to be a copy of the Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2. The CZJ Biotar (58/2) is on order and it should come to my mailbox soon. It also so happened that I saw another Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar -- 75mm f1.5. Since the price was about 1/4 of what is usually listed on eBay (evilBay to you), I had to get it to beef up my bokeh lens collection. What I need to get is an Exakta -> m4/3 lens adapter to enjoy using the 75mm Biotar on my G1 and GF1 camera bodies.

As you know, I am quite fond of the ISCO Gottingen lenses and I am curious as to discover how the Helios glass and the Biotars compare with ISG glasses in terms of bokeh. They seem to be in the same sort of genre to produce busy bokeh. Best regards, :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel,
. It also so happened that I saw another Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar -- 75mm f1.5. Since the price was about 1/4 of what is usually listed on eBay (evilBay to you), I had to get it to beef up my bokeh lens collection. What I need to get is an Exakta -> m4/3 lens adapter to enjoy using the 75mm Biotar on my G1 and GF1 camera bodies.

As you know, I am quite fond of the ISCO Gottingen lenses and I am curious as to discover how the Helios glass and the Biotars compare with ISG glasses in terms of bokeh. They seem to be in the same sort of genre to produce busy bokeh. Best regards, :)
I saw that 75 Biotar! I had to let it pass :( but it will be in good hands then :thumbup:
Looking forward to youre experiences with it. Now you need to get that big beast the Helios 40 also :D

Michiel

Leica 77

I saw that 75 Biotar! I had to let it pass :( but it will be in good hands then :thumbup:
Looking forward to youre experiences with it. Now you need to get that big beast the Helios 40 also :D

Michiel
Thanks Michiel,
As soon as I find an Exakta -> m4/3 lens adapter, I will take test shots with the 75 Biotar. Best regards, :)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Leica77

plenty of those Exakta adapters show up on EBay when you search with
"Exakta micro4/3".

I bought the cheapest one I could find a few months ago, and it does the job perfectly !

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

Hi, Leica77

plenty of those Exakta adapters show up on EBay when you search with
"Exakta micro4/3".

I bought the cheapest one I could find a few months ago, and it does the job perfectly !

C U,
Rafael
Hi Rafael,
Thanks so much for your friendly advice. I always value your suggestions. Best wishes for the Festive Season! :)

f6cvalkyrie

Today, I received a parcel containing a Kodak Retina Reflex S and two lenses.
A Schneider Kreuznach Retina Xenar 50/2.8 and a SK Retina Tele-Xenar, of which I already own a copy, and that will go to sales.

I couldn't wait to put it under the Christmas tree, so I just picked the Xenar 50/2.8 and run around in the garden to test it.

Here's two pics that show the bokeh :

These lenses are in the less know DKL mount. I have a few more coming this way for the holidays, so stay tuned for more :D

C U,
Rafael