The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

turbines

@ Keith; I can't say enough; you've created a wonderful thread.

@ Klaus, Michiel & Admin; Thank all of you for your compliments.

@ Klaus & Michiel; The Trioplan bokeh is lovely and has a dreamy quality. The CZ 135 f4 appears to be sharper and its' bokeh is also very nice but to me not a dreamy as the Trioplan. Klaus, The Tulips are wonderful!

@ Michiel; I support my Komine with a Manfrotto 293. It's a bit clunky but provides good support for the lens and body.

@ Raf; Lovely results with the kit lens

f6cvalkyrie

Michiel's posts from his Meyer-Optik Görlitz 100/2.8 caused a SLALS crisis for me (Sudden Lens Acquisition Lust Syndrome),
so here come the first two from my Trioplan :D:D

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice ones, Raf!
Don't mention my name at home. :ROTFL:
Hope you like it.
It is one of those lenses with that special wild bokeh, I like.

Thanks Klaus, now if you dust of your Trioplan also we can form a Trioplan trio. :D

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Great shots, Paul !!!

Here's one I did not intend as a bokehgraph, but still turned out to my liking :D

G1 with Reflex-Nikkor 500/8

C U,
Rafael

Last edited:

turbines

Thank you Michiel, Raf and theflyer. Another trial here with the Vivitar 28mm f2.8 + Vivitar 2x Macro Converter used for the shot of the Lilac.

turbines

Michiel that is beautiful! Lovely color, bokeh and composition. Your framing always enhances your images. Do you optically center your images or are the border proportions arbitrary? Did you create an action to quickly create your frames?

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you, Paul.
Mostly I try not to crop but frame with the camera. Lately I do some more framing in PS.
(BTW not on this one)
Yes I made an action in PS for frame and text, so I only have to fill in lens and title.
Makes life easyer! :)

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Leaving home early in the morning can have advantages.
Today, I was already 50 km on the road to a customer, when, during a brief pause, I could shoot this one :

G1 with Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100/2.8

Have a nice weekend,
Rafael