The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

turbines

These three from the Navitar 75mm f1.3 between f1.3 and f1.8 at ISO 100

Today's Dose of Bokeh

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

Last edited:

turbines

These are lovely, Paul. They have a special swirl to them and sharp too. :thumbs:
You have a reasonable Navitar dealer?

Michiel
Thank you Michiel. The Navitar is quite sharp wide open and can produce some unique bokeh. I realized that the B&W version I originally posted had been Photoshopped with a Topaz layer and so I edited it to show the original. I'll post the B&W on the B&W thread. I purchased my Navitar on ebay. I believe I payed about $150. It's very heavy and built like a tank

f6cvalkyrie

@ Rafael. That latest Jena 35 is looking good. I have a storage problem too and need to get rid of some stuff.
Paul, thanks for your comment !
I don't think you need to get rid of stuff, you just need another cupboard :deadhorse::deadhorse:

C U,
Rafael

kds315

Using one of the few Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon f2.8/70mm I have new in box, converted to infinity c-mount..

foward/backward bokeh

turbines

Very cool Michiel. I had wondered how that S1 lens might do

Pentax Super Multi Coated TAKUMAR 135mm f2.5 (version 3) with extension tube

Today's Dose of Bokeh

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice ones, Paul. Is that Takumar as sharp as your Carl Zeiss Jena lens?
Just wondering.

Here are two more with that V 1 lens.
In my opinion it is not as good as my Vivitar Series1 Telemacro 70-210/3.5.
But at least it is not as heavy.
The first one is a close focus example.

Michiel

turbines

Nice ones, Paul. Is that Takumar as sharp as your Carl Zeiss Jena lens?
Just wondering.

Here are two more with that V 1 lens.
In my opinion it is not as good as my Vivitar Series1 Telemacro 70-210/3.5.
But at least it is not as heavy.
The first one is a close focus example.

Michiel
Thanks Michiel. I doubt the Pentax is as sharp as the CZ Jena although I've not run a side by side comparison test. I also have the Pentax SMC K version of this lens which has the same optical formula. Focusing on both is about as good as it gets and superior to the Jena and many other lenses.

Your last two shots make that V1 zoom look pretty good.

Paul