The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

turbines

Thanks Keith & Klaus,

@ Peter. Your Vivitar 85mm preset produces some very smooth bokeh. Nice work!

@ Klaus That GPO 150 looks really good. All your examples shot with that lens are wonderful

turbines

Another nice one Klaus

Contax G Carl Zeiss Sonnar 90mm f2.8

Contax G Carl Zeiss Planar 45mm f2.0

Contax G Carl Zeiss Biogon 28mm f2.8

Several taken this afternoon in very windy conditions and I wished for my tripod.

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

peterb

Re: New Technique

Funny that. Looking at this image for the first time reminds me of a toy boat rather than a full sized one - the out of focus areas trick the mind into seeing a bad product close-up, if you see what I mean.
That's EXACTLY the effect (except for the bad product close-up part LOL). I call the series "A little Cape Cod". :)

f6cvalkyrie

I'm really pleased to see that this thread is going as strong as ever.
Approaching 4000 posts rapidly, and countless participants presenting the bokeh of a Pleiades of lenses, vintage or modern ....

This topic has grown to be my one and only preferred thread on all fora on the net all together !!!

Long live the bokeh thread !!!

C U,
Rafael

turbines

@ Klaus & Keith; thank you for your compliments

I'm really pleased to see that this thread is going as strong as ever.
Approaching 4000 posts rapidly, and countless participants presenting the bokeh of a Pleiades of lenses, vintage or modern ....

This topic has grown to be my one and only preferred thread on all fora on the net all together !!!

Long live the bokeh thread !!!

C U,
Rafael

Hear, hear! Long live the bokeh thread !!!

I guess you can tell I'm addicted. I just love exploring the qualities of so many different lenses.

Rafael, I always look forward to seeing your images.

Paul

f6cvalkyrie

Welcome, William !

I have been playing a lot with my "new" Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.8 over the last days.

Here's a first example (Dog Rose) !

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

@ William, Lovely simple images! I Like your landscape photography. That THE PALOUSE IN SPRING serie is really beautiful and the rolling hills reminds me of Normandy.

@ Rafael, isn't it a nice sharp lens and the close focussing ability of it is great.

Here is one from one evening in the street.

Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

The honeysuckle in the backyard has started flowering !

G1 with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35/2.8

Have a nice weekend,
Rafael

turbines

Great new images everyone.

@Michiel; I sure like that 1.2L bokeh

@Raf; wonderful compositions, I especially like the first one. Love that Flektagon too.

G-1, Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135mm f2.8

G-1, Steinheil Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135mm f2.8

G-1, Helios 44-2 58mm f2 with tilt adapter

G-1, Helios 44-2 58mm f2

Some bokeh before breakfast

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

Last edited:

kds315

Very nice guys!

Now something very different "UV bokeh" - a shot done in reflected ultraviolet light, which makes that white flower appear in that color, as it highly reflects UV. The foliage and BG does not, so they appear dark gray. This is a jpg directly from the (modified) camera, no PP.

W

WGM

Thank you Michiel

I am in the exploration mode with m4/3--experimenting with various unused lenses. I inherited three Rollei/Zeiss lenses in the late 1970's. This image was made with the 85mm: