The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Owen_Coors

This is no masterpiece, but it clearly shows the bokeh rendering of the LTM J-3 1.5/50, wide open and at closest focus distance (38.25 inches.), on m4/3 body:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Paul and Michiel for the kind comments on my Hibiscus

Nice layered green bokeh, Owen - I have this lens and it always performs well.

Michiel - I love the tilt picture, lovely composition and content. I was just getting worried about the time we lose our flowers and your bridge and cyclists have reminded me there will be other stuff to work on.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Have you been lens hunting again, Keith? :grin:

That Ektar renders beautiful!

Here is one with your favourite lens from a mirror in a " poffertjeskraam ".
These are free standing wooden pancake houses. Only the pancakes are very small (4 cm) and thick with lots of butter and fine sugar.

Very unhealthy :watch:

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Robin and Michiel

Michiel, your mirror image is wonderful - I love the color and the interaction with the bokeh. In the right hands the Takumar 50/1.4 can do wonders with bokehgraphs.

I bought the Cine Ektar 63/2.0 a year ago and posted a few shots with it. I really like it - all these images are at f2. Here is another one with this lens, and then, for a change of pace another with the Sigma 500mm

Keith

"Last of the Nicotinas"
E-PL1 with Kodak Cine Ektar 63/2

"Hosta with Circles
G1 with Sigma 500mm f5.6

turbines

@ Keith: The Ektar looks delicious.

From this mornings trip to the local farmer's market
Canon FD 35mm f 2.0 ISO 200-250

Comments, tip & suggestions are always welcome

f6cvalkyrie

Great new lens you have there, Keith !
And, Michiel, I hate 'poffertjes' but your picture is beautiful !

Here's one I shot with something else in mind, but that came out as an interesting bokeh pic.

G1 with Nikkor 24/2

C U,
Rafael

rparmar

lavender bokeh overload

Taken with the Vivitar Series 1 28mm f/1.9, which I review on my blog in Part 1 and Part 2. Thanks to woodmancy for encouraging me to post it here. Body is the E-P1 and the lens is wide open.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Great series Paul - difficult to pick a winner there. Flowers against flowers make great subjects for this thread.

Raf, I wonder what you intended? Doesn't that Nikkor pick out the spider's webs beautifully?

Keith

Owen_Coors

I have just recently modified my LTM J-3 to close focus at .7 meter (28.25 inches.) I also modified infinity focus from 1.5 miles to now focus on stars/planets, wide open.

Ptomsu, that is one nice lens that you have there. Would really like to see more of those images. Congrats on newborn!