The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Thor Lidasan

so sweet Thor!! Can I congratulate??
Yes, Klaus! Thank you and much appreciated!:)

He is my nephew, Sean Calvin... here is another shot from the E-P1 + Mamiya 55 1.4 with tilt, the way the bokeh is rendered with the tilt makes it very interesting for me:

jlm

Workshop Member
every time i go to this thread i ask what are these goofy guys up to?
then i get so inspired!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

W

Willabeast

Here's some nice (if I do say so myself) autumn colour taken with the GF1 + Lumix 20mm 1.7 @ f

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
every time i go to this thread i ask what are these goofy guys up to?
then i get so inspired!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Hey, stay with us and you will go places :D. We are in the good company of other goofy people like Einstein, Steve Jobs, Mick Jagger, Picasso . . . . and many others.

Seriously, the thread was originated around the concept of the character and personality of lenses. Lots of stuff goes in here that posters have difficulty placing anywhere else.
We are facing some tough times however, our original mandate is m4/3, but now a few other cameras can take legacy lenses we need to open up the scope a bit. Not sure how to do that.

Thanks - hope you get inspired enough to post a goofy image :deadhorse:

Keith

kds315

Karl?? Had you said "Hans", I guess that stereotype for Germans would have fit better... ;) I'd rather prefer Klaus and I guess I'll stay with that one that I carry since 55 years now ;)

That vintage lens I discovered and that you did mention is a "Hypergon" with about 26mm focal length, so fits a Lumix very well. Unfortunately it is very sharp, so not much bokeh to expect.

Guess that one would fit the "autumn" topic and previous image best...

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Karl?? Had you said "Hans", I guess that stereotype for Germans would have fit better... ;) I'd rather prefer Klaus and I guess I'll stay with that one that I carry since 55 years now ;)

That vintage lens I discovered and that you did mention is a "Hypergon" with about 26mm focal length, so fits a Lumix very well. Unfortunately it is very sharp, so not much bokeh to expect.

Guess that one would fit the "autumn" topic and previous image best...
Klaus, forgive me. I had just come away from viewing a "scho" image (Carl) and my senility kicked in :mad:

Keith

kds315

Nothing to forgive Keith, we're all just humans (well most of us...) ;)

shot using a Hypergon 26mm on a quite magical late autumn day.

Brian S

I rebuilt 2 Sonnars this weekend.

1936 uncoated 5cm f1.5 CZJ Sonnar, wide-open on the EP-2.

This lens had a rear element that was etched. Replaced it with that of a 1953 KMZ J-3, one that used German glass. Looks just as good on the M8.