The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Brian S

Schneider Karat-Xenar 5cm F2.8, converted to Leica Mount, on the EP2.

Wide-open.

This Xenar is not a typical Tessar formula lens- it is a 5 element in 4 group design. It looks like Schneider split the front element of the Tessar into an air-spaced pair. Possibly why it looks sharper at F2.8 than the F2.8 Tessar of the period.

G

gzuiko

You know, I had pretty much dismissed the Jupiter-8M, which I got as a body cap basically with my Nikon S, but it has some very smooth bokeh, and is sharper than I had realized. This one is from Zavod Arsenal. I'll be interested in seeing how well the KMZ version does.

Brian S

I've found the KMZ J-8's are quite good, the better ones on par with the S-Mount Nikkor-H 5cm F2. I've used two 1970s J-8M's on Kiev-4's, they were not as good as the KMZ's.

Summarit-M 5cm F1.5 on the EP2, at F2.

At F1.5,

reminds me of the Mandelbrot set.

At F2 again.

Last edited:

turbines

Pentacon 30mm f3.5 (Meyer Lydith)

Vivitar (Komine)135mm f2.8 Close Focusing

Leica DG Summilux 25mm f1.4

Vivitar (Komine) 135mm f2.8 Close Focusing

Lumix G 45-200mm Kit Lens

Vivitar (Komine)135mm f2.8 Close Focusing

Pentacon 30mm f3.5 (Meyer Lydith)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wonderful colors everyone!

Here is a bloom from a very early spring here in Canada. I couldn't fit my Sony 16mm E lens on my GH-2, so I took it with a Nex 5n :)

Keith

V

Vivek

I could have attached the reversed Sigma 30/2.8 DN on an m4/3rds cam but did not (NEX-7).