The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Knorp

Don't know what to think of this Meopta, Klaus.
Overall impression to me seems a little harsh and rough.

Kind regards.

kds315

The harsness was caused from using higher ISO, as there was no sun that day, just after rain had stopped. I don't think this is caused by the lens.

Olympus E-M5 Mk 2

Leica 42.5 f1.2

We printed the colour version of this shot on A0 paper for the foyer of the show. There is no evidence of any noise.

There are lots of shots at 4,000 in this sequence and a few at 12,500. The latter do struggle a bit but do did I focussing as some of the shots were in almost total darkness. These were with my Leica 25mm.

http://www.tonygamble.uk/My_Fair_Ball/index.html

But the real point is that this 42.5 and the Leica 25.0 do actually produce bokeh if you open them up fully.

Tony

Knorp

25mm?

Focal length of the lens.

Used a few posts earlier.

Tony
Hi there Tony,

Sorry, but I got a bit confused and was wondering if this 25mm was the Oly or the PL.
I'm still on the fence for a 25mm and in fact eyeing the old 4/3 PL 25/1.4 ...

Kind regards.

This is the Panasonic 25mm 1.4 Leica.

Same as I used for those BBQ chefs a couple of months ago. I tend to keep it at 1.4 as much of the time as possible so I get some decent separation.

There is a lot of stuff from the Panny 7-14 f4.0 on this thread. No bokeh but often a lovely feeling of depth. I opened a thread asking if anyone had tried the 2.8 along side it but not much interest around here at the moment.

http://www.tonygamble.uk/Family_Carols_2017/index.html

Tony

Knorp

This is the Panasonic 25mm 1.4 Leica.

Same as I used for those BBQ chefs a couple of months ago. I tend to keep it at 1.4 as much of the time as possible so I get some decent separation.

There is a lot of stuff from the Panny 7-14 f4.0 on this thread. No bokeh but often a lovely feeling of depth. I opened a thread asking if anyone had tried the 2.8 along side it but not much interest around here at the moment.

http://www.tonygamble.uk/Family_Carols_2017/index.html

Tony
I went for the old 4/3 Zuiko 7-14/4.0, apart from the 1 stop benefit, I'm not sure there is much difference in terms of 'bokeh' between 2.8 and 4.0

apart from the 1 stop benefit, I'm not sure there is much difference in terms of 'bokeh' between 2.8 and 4.0

Agreed as it so wide that almost everything is in focus - as you see from my shots.

And the 2.8 weighs twice as much. The 4.0 I can take in a jacket pocket whereas the other would force me into using a small bag which is annoying when one covers the sort of event you have just seen. I'd rather pick up the extra stop by using a higher ASA.