Site Sponsors

Thread: Combicams or i-Phone?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Combicams or i-Phone?

With Steve Jobs still standing vertically, why are camera makers (and potential camera makers) obsessed with video features?

i-Phones can even be used as phones.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Combicams or i-Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    With Steve Jobs still standing vertically, why are camera makers (and potential camera makers) obsessed with video features?

i-Phones can even be used as phones.
    I think YouTube has a lot to do with it when we are talking about people outside of the old farts club. I have never done video in a still camera and don't intend to (I may try one in Rome )
    Its interesting though, how a lot of people are using their phones for taking candid stills. I went on a Med cruise last year with a friend who is near 70, and a Blackberry freak. I could not keep up with him - he took 800 pictures, sorted, and captioned them, all in his phone, while on the cruise. Needless to say, he knows where went, a year later, and I don't.
    Steve Jobs could put a much better still camera into the IPhone - but, remember, he is a new old fart.

Keith

Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Combicams or i-Phone?

Yeah, a coffee maker would also be very useful to have in a "phone" or a "camera".