The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Combicams or i-Phone?

V

Vivek

With Steve Jobs still standing vertically, why are camera makers (and potential camera makers) obsessed with video features?

i-Phones can even be used as phones. :confused:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
With Steve Jobs still standing vertically, why are camera makers (and potential camera makers) obsessed with video features?

i-Phones can even be used as phones. :confused:
I think YouTube has a lot to do with it when we are talking about people outside of the old farts club. I have never done video in a still camera and don't intend to (I may try one in Rome :bugeyes:)
Its interesting though, how a lot of people are using their phones for taking candid stills. I went on a Med cruise last year with a friend who is near 70, and a Blackberry freak. I could not keep up with him - he took 800 pictures, sorted, and captioned them, all in his phone, while on the cruise. Needless to say, he knows where went, a year later, and I don't.
Steve Jobs could put a much better still camera into the IPhone - but, remember, he is a new old fart.

Keith

Keith

V

Vivek

Yeah, a coffee maker would also be very useful to have in a "phone" or a "camera". :ROTFL: