Site Sponsors

Thread: First effort with non m4/3 lens on G1 - Tamron 90mm Macro

Post Thanks / Like

First effort with non m4/3 lens on G1 - Tamron 90mm Macro

Just had to try it, I received the Nikon -> M4/3 adaptor yesterday, and attached it to the G1 today with the Tamron 90mm Macro. Took a few quick shots in our garden in late afternoon light, all hand held at very slow shutter for the most part, and Aperture at f8 or f11.

Shooting with a 90mm which = 180mm hand held is a bit tricky, but I got a few good shots, the bokeh on this lens is excellent. Will try some with a tripod as well.

Shot in RAW but really I do not see much difference in the camera JPG vs the RAW, but of course easier to adjust.

Phil

A pink Begonia flower, was in shadow so used the onboard flash.

Flame Tree

Flame Tree close up

Small Succulent

Stag Horn fern

Photo-Matix Imagery - Capturing Life with a camera
    Panasonic Lumix GX8, Lumix G85, Lumix GX7, and various lenses.
    Gallery: http://photos.photo-matix.com.au

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First effort with non m4/3 lens on G1 - Tamron 90mm Macro

I think it was last week that someone shot with the Nikon mount Tamron 90 macro and it pushed me to try the EF mount on my G1 again. I believe I added those in another thread, but the shots were nice--the lens isn't much unbalanced on the G1. With the EF mount, aperture changes have to be made on an EOS body--PITA, but its nice on the G1, I agree.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like

Good job! Seems the Tamron is working out great mounted on the G1. I am using a 90mm Tokina Macro and a Vivitar Series 1 90mm Macro in the G1 and it's a dream working with the setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I think it was last week that someone shot with the Nikon mount Tamron 90 macro and it pushed me to try the EF mount on my G1 again. I believe I added those in another thread, but the shots were nice--the lens isn't much unbalanced on the G1. With the EF mount, aperture changes have to be made on an EOS body--PITA, but its nice on the G1, I agree.

Diane
    Thanks Diane, it is a good balance for the G1 as the lens is not too heavy and the weight distribution is perfect. There was quite a breeze when I took these shots and the shallow DOF made it hard to get the focus, but certainly as easy as or easier than with the D300 and this lens.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMK View Post
    Good job! Seems the Tamron is working out great mounted on the G1. I am using a 90mm Tokina Macro and a Vivitar Series 1 90mm Macro in the G1 and it's a dream working with the setup.
    Thanks Gerry, yes it is a good combo, has been a long time since I have had only manual focus! I will try it with a monopod today, the manual focus and shallow DOF was an issue in the fading light. I wish I had kept my 50mm macro now, was too short on the D300 but would have been great on the G1.

Phil