The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

110 adaptor from HawkPeng

C

ChrisJ

It looks that there is still no way to adjust an aperture on this though, in bright light you will be over the 1/4000th of a second fastest shutter speed limit.

Chris

PeterB666

Somewhat more expensive than I would have thought but Hawk's adapters are generally better made than the RJ Camera adapters.

Pity it doesn't have apertue control! That would be sweet.

m3photo

Re: HawkPeng's Prices

Somewhat more expensive than I would have thought but Hawk's adapters are generally better made than the RJ Camera adapters.

Pity it doesn't have aperture control! That would be sweet.
Yes, that may be so, but he's certainly jumped on the bandwagon since he started out. I remember buying my C-Mount adapter from him for $25 back in the day, when he didn't even have an EBay account still!
I've been pestering RJ for his PENTAX 110 adapter for a good while now - says it's in the pipeline. I'll hold off until I can compare prices I think.

madmaxmedia

Wow, that is pricy. It would have been much better if he could have added aperture control to the adapter, otherwise I will just DIY it.

For that price, is it really worth it? The Pentax 110 optics seem good, perhaps really good for the going price of the lenses, but adding the price of the adapter makes it iffy.

I think with pricing like that, he is just trying to skim off some early adopters for now. EDIT- And it's working! He's already sold 3.

PeterB666

I was looking at the price of the 20-40mm zoom. Don't seem to be too much in the way of bargains anymore. Starts to get a bit silly when you add the price of the adapter on and you are stuck with a wide open apterture.