The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having fun with the GF1

Terry

OK, I'm going to start the thread.

The only problem is I'm not having fun with the GF1. I got my delivery notification a little while ago. It was delivered to San Francisco but I am in NY. :mad:. First shots from me won't happen until Sunday night :angry:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
My buddy got one last evening. He's setting it up and kinda likes it even tho he's just getting started.
He did say that the 20mm is great on the Pen......
I may get to try it this weekend....

clay stewart

What a bummer, Terry!

First mess up as a moderator...didn't mean to edit your post! Fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It's here!

The brown truck didn't get here till 5:20 PM, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to post a photo from the GF1.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It feels nice and solid. It will need a screen protector. The buttons seem to be more matte, so maybe I won't have to tape them like I did on my G1.:ROTFL:

Terry

I've actually had a number of exposed Panasonic screens and never a scratch. Not sure what they use but It seems to be durable. I cut down an iPhone screen protector for the Pen (after I did get a scratch).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I didn't put one on the G1 or the E-P1, but this lcd seems to be right out there...close to the edges. I'll think I'll play it safe. I'm going to put it on right now.

simonclivehughes

Terry & Cindy,

Thanks for the extra pictures. I had the LX3 so I can now judge the size pretty well. I have quite large hands so the extra grip of the G1 affords me a better hold. Plus, once you stick the external EVF on the GF1, for me I just don't see it. Especially as the EVF is lesser quality than the G1.

As I said, I hope you enjoy them, but I'm going to stick with my G1/GH1.

Ciao,

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Simon, I will stick with the G1, too. I'm planning for the GF-1 to be the body that I carry with me all the time in my purse. I'll probably keep the 20mm or the 40mm Pen-F on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

Simon, I will stick with the G1, too. I'm planning for the GF-1 to be the body that I carry with me all the time in my purse. I'll probably keep the 20mm or the 40mm Pen-F on it.
Ditto. 20mm is a great focal length for me. I expect that lens to live on the camera.

Diane B

Well, I'll be. First one I've actually seen other than Panny's photos. Cindy--what are you using for LCD covering?? I've never put anything on any LCD--Canon's cams had a $5 cover (you could get from their parts dept.) over the LCD that you could replace if necessary (I never did) so I never worried about it.

I actually do like the relative size with the G1. I was afraid it was going to be smaller feeling/looking. I had handled the Pen and knew it was supposed to be similar--but people kept saying it was close to LX3 and I've always had the impression that was more pocket sized.

I'm planning to more or less keep 20 on mine also--though if it handles reasonably well for MF shooting, I will probably carry my FD 35 or Konica 40 with it. They are both very small, though with adaptors.

Now, Cindy--give us your impression shooting with it *smile* I've been reading the pdf manual so I'm ready.
Diane