The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wrist Straps?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I use Luigi straps on all cameras--D700, MP, M3. I just purchased two more Luigi straps with the leather strip that threads back though the strap for my GF-1 that is on order. I'm sold.
That is the one I have been looking for. I didn't see it on his site. Would you please show the picture (again).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks. I couldn't make heads or tails of that before I saw your picture. Luigi would probably appreciate it if you would send him that picture. He would give you credit for it and it would be a better example of that strap than what is on there.
Do you feel that your camera is secure with that configuration? Could that leather slip out of those holes?

wjlapier

Hello Cindy,
That picture is from Luigi's site. I'm confident that the camera will be secure. I've dealt with similar type straps and the leather will not pull itself out of the holes. It's like they are glued in. With Luigi's the "tiny end" as he calls it threads through four holes. It's like four knots.

Another view of the straps--pics copied from Luigi's website

I ordered black and aged brown.

Thanks. I couldn't make heads or tails of that before I saw your picture. Luigi would probably appreciate it if you would send him that picture. He would give you credit for it and it would be a better example of that strap than what is on there.
Do you feel that your camera is secure with that configuration? Could that leather slip out of those holes?

JMaher

Well - I started this thread to buy a wrist and still haven't decided (tomorrow) but I have learned a lot and ordered a Y Strap and a Leica Goodies hook. This forum is great for information but bad for my wallet.

Jim