The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Images/Pics/Photos Thread

m_driscoll

With apologies to TEBnewyork, I'd like to start a thread for GF1 photos. Here's a couple of mine from today. Cheers. Thanks for looking.

1. GF1; 14-45mm lens; 14mm; 1/400s @ f/5; -3 EV; ISO 100

2. GF1; 14-45mm lens; 20mm; 1/160s @ f/4.4; ISO 100

3. GF1; 14-45mm lens; 40mm; 1/40s @ f/16; ISO 800

4. GF1; 14-45mm lens; 14mm; 1/400s @ f/5; -3 EV; ISO 100

5. GF1; 14-45mm lens; 14mm; 1/30s @ f/16; ISO 500

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/

slosync

I sure would like to join the GF1 picture party but I have to wait until monday...:cry:

Lots of color in those shots... Higher ISO looks pretty clean!:clap:

Cheers,
Don

f6cvalkyrie

Of course, Vivek, good kids love brussels sprouts.
I love them since as long as I can remember :D
But then, I live in ...... Brussels :cool:

C U,
Rafael

R

Ranger 9

Re: "Fruit and Veggies"

Kids love Brussel sprouts?
You bet! Spoon + brussels sprout = dinner-table ballista: lots of mealtime fun. If your aim is good, you can plant one on your sister from the opposite end of the dinner table while Mom's back is turned...

M

meilicke

Vivek, my thoughts exactly. :) But if I am not mistaken, that is the Pike Place Market in Seattle.

Ranger, you may not come to my house and teach my kids tricks! :ROTFL: But maybe we can go to my sister's house...

-Scott

JBurnett

Re: "Fruit and Veggies"

Kids love Brussel sprouts?:shocked:
When our daughter was very young (the 'point at the dog and say "dog"' stage) she ate them without complaint the first couple of times. The third time, though, she screwed up her face, spit out the sprout, and tried a new word for the first time -- 'gusting! :D

simonclivehughes

Vivek: It is the Pike Place Market in Seattle. My kid didn't love brussels sprouts; but, I've loved them since I was a kid (w/butter and wine vinegar). My wife makes me eat them in another room. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/
Try them like this:

1. Prepare sprouts (make a cross-cut in the stem and peel any rough looking leaves).

2. Boil for 15 minutes

3. Saute in butter in a hot pan until they begin to turn brown and then coat them with Italian Bread Crumbs, continue to saute for a few minutes.

4. Serve and then grate fresh nutmeg over them and then fresh parmigiana cheese on top.

Happy eating and snapping!

Diane B

I like brussel sprouts. My mother got us to eat them by calling them little cabbages LOL (funny story John). Harder to grow in my garden here (SE US) but I try about every other year--early Spring or Fall.

Thanks for the recipes above.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Try them like this:

1. Prepare sprouts (make a cross-cut in the stem and peel any rough looking leaves).

2. Boil for 15 minutes

3. Saute in butter in a hot pan until they begin to turn brown and then coat them with Italian Bread Crumbs, continue to saute for a few minutes.

4. Serve and then grate fresh nutmeg over them and then fresh parmigiana cheese on top.

God, that sounds good :salute:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Try them like this:

2. Boil for 15 minutes

Yes, the cross cut and peeling are very important, that's what I always do. :D
A photoforum turning into a cooking site, I like that. :ROTFL:
Thanks for the recipe!
Michiel

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You folks are killing me with the Brussel Sprouts. I can't get get near them never mind eat them. About the only thing normal i won't eat. Maybe my mother stuffed them down my throat once to often. Yuk

m3photo

Re: Enticing Sprouts

Despite my great culinary skills, I am yet to entice my 9 year old with a sprout dish. Still a big challenge.
Now, now. What are we photographers supposed to be good at? Colour interpretation. Bet if you dyed the sprouts in a different colour to "boring" (in child's view) green you'd be well on the way:p