The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pest Park

Rawfa

Yes, at the end it was growing more on me, but it was a better deal for me to get the GF1.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This whole series from Budapest has been terrific. You've captured some great images of what looks to be a fantastic place. Thanks for posting them!

I do want to make one comment about the processing and hope you don't mind. I can't help but notice that in almost all of the shots there is a what I perceive as a compression of tones, maybe especially in the highlights, such that the overall feeling is that the light has been squashed. It could be that this is your style and intention. However, it has the side effect for me of taking the "air" out of the light.

Impressive results with the camera though, and again thanks for giving me a glimpse of a part of the world I will likely never see in person.

Rawfa

Thanks for the compliment.
I understand what you're saying about the look my photos have. To be honest I have used the DP1 for some time and it set the standard for the look I want...loads of dynamic range with that in your 3D look. What I've tried to do here is to mimic this look with the E-P1.