Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GF1 now on backorder at Panasonic

jerryk

Re: GF1 now on backorder at Panasonic

Good news. It turns out the CS people where overly pessimistic. My order shipped late last night. So hopefully I should be able to join the ranks of happy GF1 owners in a few days!

Now where is that EVF?

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific Jerry. Now if it would only stop raining here LOL--and yes, WHERE is that EVF???

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Terrific Jerry. Now if it would only stop raining here LOL--and yes, WHERE is that EVF???
    Diane, it seems to have been raining there all year.

You should move north.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Keith, it has rained a LOT here this summer (more than we need), but we had several years of severe drought, so its hard to complain LOL--other than for shooting reasons. Its not been a lucky season for me--the days I can take to go shoot--it seems to rain or threaten with heavy overcast skies (not the dramatic stormy ones that work for me, even if it does rain). I'm just hoping that our highly anticipated 'great' Fall--esp. in the mts.--wasn't ruined by the big front that came through with high winds and heavy rain this week--and we have rain in the forecast every day through Wednesday---yuck.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Keith, it has rained a LOT here this summer (more than we need), but we had several years of severe drought, so its hard to complain LOL--other than for shooting reasons. Its not been a lucky season for me--the days I can take to go shoot--it seems to rain or threaten with heavy overcast skies (not the dramatic stormy ones that work for me, even if it does rain). I'm just hoping that our highly anticipated 'great' Fall--esp. in the mts.--wasn't ruined by the big front that came through with high winds and heavy rain this week--and we have rain in the forecast every day through Wednesday---yuck.
    Maybe we should start a thread on photographing in the rain. I always remember Japan (I was there many times) and those wonderful house designs where you could walk out, but under cover, and just hear and see the rain, but not get wet.

Keith

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Send the rain here. BTW my GF-1 with 20mm comes in next week, it was shipped but will I not get it until I get to San Francisco next Sunday . Oh the wait. LOL

Also I count at least 4 of these at the workshop in Oregon . Jack, Bob, Terry and me so we will start a thread on images when we are there. Maybe we will get some keepers.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Plus at least one more....Brad has one as well. Almost feels like the first Moab trip when everyone had at least one M8.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Send the rain here. BTW my GF-1 with 20mm comes in next week, it was shipped but will I not get it until I get to San Francisco next Sunday . Oh the wait. LOL

Also I count at least 4 of these at the workshop in Oregon . Jack, Bob, Terry and me so we will start a thread on images when we are there. Maybe we will get some keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I, for one, will be watching news from that workshop. I know there will be exciting photos with other cameras--and know that there will be M9 excitement, but I'll be looking, esp., for the m4/3rds shots from everyone. Next late Spring we are going to try for maybe a 3 week trip out west again-not sure where--and wondering if I'll haul (we'll drive--and wander) the 5D gear as well. Probably some, but maybe very limited and the 2 m4/3rds bodies.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been advised by Robert that mine is "enroute." Yay.

Not sure when it will be in my hands, but this is much better than "not enroute."

And I'm told that my G1 may be back from service next week. They tightened the loose strap lug and are awaiting receipt of a replacement for the lower LCD hinge due to the peeling.
    Ron Smith
    Flickr

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Plus at least one more....Brad has one as well. Almost feels like the first Moab trip when everyone had at least one M8.....
    Now we we have a lot of M9's as well. Also little birdie told me Mike Hatam and Jim Collum maybe coming. The whole GetDPI team
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

jerryk

Thanks Diane,

You could come to SF to get away from the ..., oh wait we are supposed to get 2-3 inches next week. Never mind....