The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Macro-Elmarit 45 mm F2.8 Macro: field trial

T

tripper

Another shot of Jess & Harris with the 45mm macro. This taken with the GF1 and the FL360 flash (a strange combo ?)

GF1 + FL360 flash f/3.5 1/30s iso100

tripper

Diane B

Tripper, I just love your dog photos--and those 2 are dogs I could love LOL.

I have the 45 coming next week from Monza. It was a surprise that he got them in the last day of the year--but I'm looking forward to using it.

I want to get a flash--but likely will use it (I don't use a flash often--and have a great setup for my 5D--but--there are those times) on the G1 (well, I will look for an offcamera method). Are you saying the GF1 and it are a strange combo because its 'biggish' on the GF1??

Diane

T

tripper

Thanks Diane,

My lovely dogs are long suffering, they know what to expect when they see the camera but also know 'treats' are not far away.

" Are you saying the GF1 and it are a strange combo because its 'biggish' on the GF1??"

Yes, that is what I mean, check back tomorrow and I will post a picture of the GF1 & FL360.

Happy New Year to you

tripper

T

tripper

My Black Lab 'Harris' had his nose in the snow..... brrr

G1 + 45mm Leica f/5 1/320s iso200

G1 + 45mm f2.8 Leica f/5 1/125s iso200

tripper

Terry

I like both of these shots and held off commenting for a bit because I wanted to think about it. I think these two shots could be the beginning of a series or project with this lens to do frame filling objects.

scho

Thank you Rich, Seyhun, John and Terry for your comments. Terry, the full frame series sounds like a good idea.

Regards,
Carl