Site Sponsors

Thread: GH1 in Chicago

Post Thanks / Like

GH1 in Chicago

I hope it isn't inappropriate for me to post this here. I'll be in Chicago next week and might well be on the lookout to take advantage of the Euro/USD exchange rate. Does anyone know a reputable dealer who might carry Panasonic m43 gear? Central Cameras comes up on the web but they don't seem to have Panasonic.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GH1 in Chicago

I don't know the Chicago market but the bigger issue is going to be PAL vs NTSC for video. I'm really not a video peson but if you are, make sure you understand the differences and in what situations you will have problems.
    Last edited by Terry; 12th October 2009 at 12:59.

Post Thanks / Like

There's no stores that I know of in the US that carry the GH1. I've only seen the G1 before that at one chain (Fry's), and no other store (photo or electronics) carried it that I found (having looked all over San Diego at least), or had plans to carry it. I also imagine the in-store prices for the GH1, if you find it, would nullify any conversion savings you might otherwise realize.

And I agree that you probably don't want the NTSC version since the EU version of the GH1 is setup for PAL.

Post Thanks / Like

TEBnewyork: Good point. I didn't think of that, not being primarily a video person. I looked around the web and it seems the GH1 is sold in either PAL or NTSC versions (as far as recording is concerned) but has both PAL and NTSC outputs.

Still, I would like to find a store that has other m43 goodies. The 14-140 lens is an attractive proposition with a G1 as is the rare GF1 with the 20mm.

photoSmart42: seems it is as hard to get as the GF1 (or more so).

Thanks for your responses
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Some stores must have it---Robert/Monza at Precision Camera in Texas has/had it and they are brick and mortar. I'm sure I've read of others, but finding one in the Chicago area will be the harder thing to track down.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

We have the GH1 in stock, and have other Pana goodies en route, but many are spoken for...best to get in the queue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    We have the GH1 in stock, and have other Pana goodies en route, but many are spoken for...best to get in the queue.
    While we have you here, Monza, when are those GF1 kits going out? They are still en route to you, I assume?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as they hit our dock