The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Amazon LLC shipping GF1 EVF - Good News!

Terry

My issue is this . I need reading glasses and use 200 strength and anything within 4 ft of my eyes is a struggle. Believe me my glasses go on and off maybe over a hundred times a day and most times I just leave them on and look over the top of them. So the live view has always been a little bit of a challenge for me. I'm more a viewfinder type shooter as well so I'm hoping this will serve me pretty well. So looking forward to trying it out for sure and see what is most comfortable to me. Bottom line when your shooting is you want to be comfortable for your vision.
The diopter correction in the viewfinder is very good.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea I saw that and it should work for me. Just obviously can hook it up yet. Really looking forward to getting it Sunday for the workshop.

C

Chuck A

My issue is this . I need reading glasses and use 200 strength and anything within 4 ft of my eyes is a struggle. Believe me my glasses go on and off maybe over a hundred times a day and most times I just leave them on and look over the top of them. So the live view has always been a little bit of a challenge for me. I'm more a viewfinder type shooter as well so I'm hoping this will serve me pretty well. So looking forward to trying it out for sure and see what is most comfortable to me. Bottom line when your shooting is you want to be comfortable for your vision.
I could not have said it better. My eyes are in the same boat as yours.

I love the GF1 and with the EVF it will be even better. Mine is on the way. It is small enough to carry everywhere. I just bought a G1 as well and am selling the K10d and all of the Pentax lenses and the GX100. I am now a m4/3 guy. I love the idea of using one system for all of my needs.

Thanks Terry for the review of the EVF. It puts my mind at ease. There is soooo much cr@p out there about it.

Terry

How much height does the evf add to the camera?
Jerry,
It makes it taller than a G1/GH1 BUT it still feels like a smaller camera.

This is where dimensions don't seem to tell the whole story. It just feels different in the hand.

I can take comparative pictures tonight if someone hasn't already done it.

ecsh

If they only put the sensor in there like the G1 for eye detection, it would have been almost perfect for what it is.
Joe