The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DPReview review GF-1

J

jerryk

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/

In short they loved the camera. From the conclusions:

"In the case of the GF1 I think I set a new personal record, shooting well over 3000 pictures, way above the 800-1200 or so we'd normally consider to be more than enough to get under the skin of a camera. I'm not saying they were all winning shots, just that the GF1 is a camera that simply cries out to be used and, for this occasionally jaded user at least, puts the fun back into photography. Another clue as to how much we liked the GF1 is that people in the office have actually been shelling out their own money to buy them, something almost unheard of in an office with cupboards full of all the latest cameras.'

Jerry

Brian Mosley

It's interesting the reviewers have started declaring their personal bias towards particular cameras as a feature of the review... "I liked it so much, I bought the camera" - reminds me of Victor Kiam :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian

RonSmith

It's interesting the reviewers have started declaring their personal bias towards particular cameras as a feature of the review... "I liked it so much, I bought the camera" - reminds me of Victor Kiam :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian
It's not quite the same as "I liked it so much because I bought the camera."

V

Vivek

No, this way is much more powerful advertising ;)

Cheers

Brian
Why should there be any doubt that dp revs do not advertise? That whole site is a minefield of spams. Buy here, buy there, buy this buy that...buy buy buy.

It isn't exactly known for anything else related to photography, is it?

Rawfa

They compare it to the E-P1, the 50D and even throw in the LX3 for comparison (I'm surprised at how well the LX3 matches the other cameras up to iso 400...and not by much at iso 800). As I suspected from the samples I've seen the E-P1 deals with high iso better than the GF1 (starting with ios 1600).

Brian Mosley

Why should there be any doubt that dp revs do not advertise? That whole site is a minefield of spams. Buy here, buy there, buy this buy that...buy buy buy.

It isn't exactly known for anything else related to photography, is it?
Yes, at least we've got GetDPI for a touch of sanity now and again ;)

But seriously, there are a lot of nice people on the dpreview forums... just the occasional 'drive by posting nastiness' - but I try to steer clear of those :banghead:

Cheers

Brian