The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF-1 with lensbaby?

daveproctor

I have taken the plunge and traded in my G1 for a GF-1 and really love it - it's the perfect "lazy" alternative to my M8

I have an adapter to use Nikon lenses on the GF-1 and wondered whether this would allow me to use a Nikon fit Lensbaby. Has anyone tried this and had any success?

Thanks

Dave

Diane B

I have an EOS adaptor that allows me to use the EF mount Lensbaby (2.0). Works fine on the G1--haven't tried on GF1 but assume it would be the same--except for handling. With the 2.0 it usually takes me using fingers on both sides of lens to focus.

Well, just tried on GF1--for the 2.0 where you have to hold the lens to focus, I believe its easier than with the G!. Just the way I hold the camera/lens seems to make it more 'user friendly' for me. The liveview is much nicer than on VF only. You need to set 'shoot w/o lens' in your menu and then just proceed to shoot as any other MF lens (left click/OK to bring up magnified version---you may not even want to focus with MF assist--just MF from live view.

Glad you brought this up. Going to stick it and adaptor in for a planned trip.

Edit: Just saw you had G1 so you know how to use MF LOL. I shot with the LB on the G1--but think I like shooting with it better on GF1.

Diane

daveproctor

Thanks Diane - appreciate the info

I think I may plump for the Lensbaby Composer which looks a bit less fiddly to handle. Not having used a Lensbaby before can you recommend a particular model to me?

Dave

Diane B

Thanks Diane - appreciate the info

I think I may plump for the Lensbaby Composer which looks a bit less fiddly to handle. Not having used a Lensbaby before can you recommend a particular model to me?

Dave
Yes, I think it would be easier to shoot with--but for some reason I haven't quite figured out--its easier on the GF1 than my G1-- (ah, its the distance I have to reach to the lens end to manipulate it--one wouldn't think it would be that different, but in use it is).

I've just been fiddling with mine--discovered I have a tele and WA converter for it plus 2 macro lenses :). I've had it a long time, never used it much, but believe it might see more usage with the GF1. I've looked at the Composer but I'll have to use this one more before I upgrade ;).