Site Sponsors

Thread: GF-1 with lensbaby?

Post Thanks / Like

GF-1 with lensbaby?

I have taken the plunge and traded in my G1 for a GF-1 and really love it - it's the perfect "lazy" alternative to my M8

I have an adapter to use Nikon lenses on the GF-1 and wondered whether this would allow me to use a Nikon fit Lensbaby. Has anyone tried this and had any success?

Thanks

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GF-1 with lensbaby?

I have an EOS adaptor that allows me to use the EF mount Lensbaby (2.0). Works fine on the G1--haven't tried on GF1 but assume it would be the same--except for handling. With the 2.0 it usually takes me using fingers on both sides of lens to focus.

Well, just tried on GF1--for the 2.0 where you have to hold the lens to focus, I believe its easier than with the G!. Just the way I hold the camera/lens seems to make it more 'user friendly' for me. The liveview is much nicer than on VF only. You need to set 'shoot w/o lens' in your menu and then just proceed to shoot as any other MF lens (left click/OK to bring up magnified version---you may not even want to focus with MF assist--just MF from live view.

Glad you brought this up. Going to stick it and adaptor in for a planned trip.

Edit: Just saw you had G1 so you know how to use MF LOL. I shot with the LB on the G1--but think I like shooting with it better on GF1.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Diane - appreciate the info

I think I may plump for the Lensbaby Composer which looks a bit less fiddly to handle. Not having used a Lensbaby before can you recommend a particular model to me?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveproctor View Post
    Thanks Diane - appreciate the info

I think I may plump for the Lensbaby Composer which looks a bit less fiddly to handle. Not having used a Lensbaby before can you recommend a particular model to me?

Dave
    Yes, I think it would be easier to shoot with--but for some reason I haven't quite figured out--its easier on the GF1 than my G1-- (ah, its the distance I have to reach to the lens end to manipulate it--one wouldn't think it would be that different, but in use it is).

I've just been fiddling with mine--discovered I have a tele and WA converter for it plus 2 macro lenses . I've had it a long time, never used it much, but believe it might see more usage with the GF1. I've looked at the Composer but I'll have to use this one more before I upgrade .