Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First outing with GF1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: First outing with GF1

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I'll have to see how I fare with Jono's technique on the GF1. So far it works--but doesn't feel 'right' yet--but habits aren't broken quickly
    Ouch - don't do what I do . . . don't even do what I say
    Mind you, I suppose a bit of variety is good . . . I keep things changing, but usually it's only because I can't remember what I did before

On a more serious note, it's always instructive to filter a new camera's facilities through one's own preconceptions.

The GF1 is a bit complicated after the Leica, but it does seem to work pretty well.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Ron

You don't know what gobsmacked means? You MUST be pulling my plonker

Thank you - it's a fun camera isn't it, and nicely thought out, the quick menu rather reminds me of the lovely ricoh interface.

Ah well, I might, but it's not really where it fits in to my life . . . I can see that it'll be hard to resist though.
    If you already don't know Gobsmacked, then pulling your plonker may really be "stretching" things! LOL

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Ouch - don't do what I do . . . don't even do what I say
    Mind you, I suppose a bit of variety is good . . . I keep things changing, but usually it's only because I can't remember what I did before

On a more serious note, it's always instructive to filter a new camera's facilities through one's own preconceptions.

The GF1 is a bit complicated after the Leica, but it does seem to work pretty well.
    I'm not even sure how often I'll need to tweak my AF and use your technique of using the AF/MF button to release the MF magnification (but it works and that's good knowledge to have)--since I shoot a lot with the 20 on it and that lens' AF has been very good. BUT--rethinking using the AE on the AF/AE lock instead of AF brings me back to working as I do with the 5D--but having to rethink what finger/thumb does what .