The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic GF1 Oregon Workshop Image thread

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy and I had a blast with our GF1's today -- they are just sweet to use! Here are a couple from one of the local harbors:

Diane B

I shot some pretty wild things early this morning in the dark and some more normal shots as well. This morning i used a gorilla pod for some things and when you are doing those tight macro things if not pushing the speed up you can get in trouble. Jack and I shot a lot with the GF1 today so we will get posting pretty soon here but again i like how it handles. One thing I thought of and it is a little slippery was some grip tape on the thumb and in the front finger area. Outside a case of course this maybe a good idea. I am going to pick some up unless someone on the workshop has some to bring up. But I think it would help a lot. Also Jack surprised me with a Gorilla pod for it and it is really really a nice tool with a quick release no less. Get the 39 dollar version for this cam though. I had it wrapped around a sign early this morning on the dash of Jacks car. Certainly provided a good laugh.
I've looked at Gorilla pods for almost a year now but was never sure. Your recommendation pushed me--they are silly looking though :ROTFL:

Diane B

Guy and I had a blast with our GF1's today -- they are just sweet to use! Here are a couple from one of the local harbors:

The first cracked me up :ROTFL::ROTFL: and really liked the second. The 7-14 is doing terrific--are you sharing it with Guy???

bensonga

I won't be too far behind if no extra expenses show up. That 20mm lens is just too sweet.
I just ordered a G1 with the 14-45 on Sunday....and now think I need a 7-14, 45-200 and 20mm as well. Can a GF-1 be far behind? Might be time to give the Canon G10 to my niece.

Gary

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
These are really in the dark about 6:30 am waiting for some light in a town called Miranda. :ROTFL:

I used the Gorilla pod on both of them 1 is 2.5 seconds or so and the other shorter both at ISO 400

Guy Mancuso

LOL these I have to laugh nothing to do but wait for the rain to stop and some light to come up. The first one is a 6 second shot with some car headlights with the 20mm

The second one is just fun a 20 second hand held shot while Jack was driving

Guy Mancuso

Gary you can download them and check the EXIF on each one. But in ACR at least I have been using the clarity about 30 than detail about 50 than I have been adding a touch of saturation to them about plus 8 and vibrance about 2 . Just gives them some punch than my topper is add the vignetting which I like myself. Works great on the boat shots. Really all I am doing is creating some drama to them. A cam like this is fun for me so now is the time when not working with clients to let my hair down as they say and have a little fun with processing. Now obviously I would prefer C1 here but without getting in trouble with Phase you may see some cams like this in the future being supported. Some are some are not YET but I'm working on them and so are a few other folks.

To me this brings back the joy in shooting that when you work commercially it gets lost sometimes. But NOW I see why so many folks are falling in love with these little M4/3rds format. They are just a kick to shoot. BTW the 45-200 is pretty nice but I found with the longer focal lengths it is much easier to use the EVF. So I have it on the camera but don't always use it the Live view i can see very well in daylight and it is fast focusing and nothing worse than that being slower than a turtle . This is a quick machine.One thingI would like is if I could keep the EVF on the same time as the LCD so you don't have to switch between them. Maybe a little more control on this option as well as some folks want to turn it off. Really just a firmware change on this.

gfspencer

The damn thing is just FLAT OUT FUN.
All of the posts that debate whether or not the GF-1 should replace your ________ completely miss that point. (Fill in the blank with Leica M8, Canon 5D, Nikon D700, etc. etc.) The GF-1 is just FLAT OUT FUN! :thumbup: Or as Guy says, "They are just a kick to shoot."

Diane B

Also Jack surprised me with a Gorilla pod for it and it is really really a nice tool with a quick release no less. Get the 39 dollar version for this cam though. I had it wrapped around a sign early this morning on the dash of Jacks car. Certainly provided a good laugh.
I ordered mine this morning and got the SLRzoom version and the ballhead--had it 2 day shipped from B & H for my trip next week. See what happens here when someone says they like a product LOL (and reading the MF forum--that could be a --well---hmmmm--maybe an 'interesting' thing for Guy :LOL: