The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

barjohn

This was taken at a local high end shopping center. I call it shopping the dog. Camera GF1 lens 20mm f1.7

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Fabulous light Seyhoun (Bosporus banks?)!:)

Here, in the Hague, it is rain and more rain. It does not bode well for (Austrian) tourism promotion either.

m_driscoll

I like this guy. He's an artist. Asks for "pennies to buy paint" He literally walked into the photo I was taking of the cart and sign (sans human). GH1 in burst mode. The viewfinder blanks out a bit.

I stopped taking photos of the homeless years ago. Doesn't feel right. But, here's this one. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m3photo

Re: Link Behaviour

Michael, OK. Finally, I think I figured out the problem.
I still think you're right about your browser not reading a code somewhere in there. Others seem to see the images OK so I guess you'll either have to adjust your browser or not bother too much about these images anyway - they're not that important; I do however appreciate your ongoing efforts to resolve the situation.

G

greggebhardt

"Stolen moments" do come, albeit rarely. Anyone going out to make street snaps would come back and trash an entire 6-8hrs of snaps (have done it many many times). While not every snap becomes instantly satisfying, without a camera and the constant snapping, it is easier to miss what you see as well.

Here are couple of old (~1 year) snaps:

I am happy to see a variety and the enthusiasm.

(btw, what happened to YBH III's post?)
The first image is priceless!:thumbs:

V

Vivek

Re: Link Behaviour

I still think you're right about your browser not reading a code somewhere in there. Others seem to see the images OK so I guess you'll either have to adjust your browser or not bother too much about these images anyway - they're not that important; I do however appreciate your ongoing efforts to resolve the situation.
I am not going to change my settings (there are useful reasons why it is so).

Sorry, Michael.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From my recent trip to Boston. Here are two versions -- while I find the skintone excellent in the color version, I prefer the B&W, but am curious what others think. B&W was done 100% in my raw software :)D). GF1 with the 20mm lens, ISO 400, Av mode at f5 (IIRC):

Diane B

Well, I'm not a good one to give feedback because I'm a b & w fan, but that's the one I prefer. Partially I'm distracted in the color one by the large red area--and strangely by the awning behind him--maybe its the bright lettering on the awning. In the mono I seem to be able to see the subject better. BTW--like the rendering of the jeans in the color LOL-- you miss that 'worn' feel in the b&w.

Diane

V

Vivek

Jack, B&W, though Diane's point about the worn jeans losing its character in your B&W rendering is a notable aspect.