The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Invisible

Probably dandruff from these two (hope you can see this one) - "Close negotiation":

Nikon F3 + Tri-X 50mm at f/2 probably
They don't have enough hair for that much dandruff :eek:
Anyway, I think this is a fake, because since "Head and Shoulders" no one gets dandruff anymore, . . . . . do they? :deadhorse:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here are few of mine from a walk in San Francisco last week.
Olympus E-P1 with Canon Serenar 85mm f/2.0 in Leica Thread Mount.

We should get streetshooter to do a quantitative analysis of this one but it really turns my crank. Content and composition!

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
You Rang....Keith,
Ok,
Starting with the horizontal dark lines below and above....I love the way the shoes break the flow but yet let's the eye continue on it's journey.....and then on top the same thing happens with the collar......and that shape creates an oval with his head that forces the eye down to his strumming hand and ...see those 2 fingers...well they re-inforce the shape created by his legs and....then that shape is supported in the bag with the 2 lighter color lines......

theres a white patch of light on his leg...that is the irritant.....here's why...it draws attention to the sleeve of the strumming hand.....to the shoes, to the top of the bag...see that white spot........over to the cup....and that intersecting shadow on the angle brings the eye back around......

in a nutshell, that's it......it works and is in a way a contradiction of terms cause it's easy to assume he's in dire straights......but he's dressed well, clean and the guitar is in good shape......anyway..that's what I see....

shooter

V

Vivek

White shoes and sun = disaster with the m4/3rds. I prefer darker leather boots anytime.

btw, m3photo, no sign of any of your photos.:(

m3photo

Re: Metering

White shoes and sun = disaster with the m4/3rds. I prefer darker leather boots anytime.
btw, m3photo, no sign of any of your photos.:(
Ah, but what about centre-weighted metering on that light jacket excluding the rest ...

Never mind, some get left out for other reasons perhaps ...

Canon 5D 50mm f/8

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re Devon's image, Post 82

You Rang....Keith,
Ok,
Starting with the horizontal dark lines below and above....I love the way the shoes break the flow but yet let's the eye continue on it's journey.....and then on top the same thing happens with the collar......and that shape creates an oval with his head that forces the eye down to his strumming hand and ...see those 2 fingers...well they re-inforce the shape created by his legs and....then that shape is supported in the bag with the 2 lighter color lines......

theres a white patch of light on his leg...that is the irritant.....here's why...it draws attention to the sleeve of the strumming hand.....to the shoes, to the top of the bag...see that white spot........over to the cup....and that intersecting shadow on the angle brings the eye back around......

in a nutshell, that's it......it works and is in a way a contradiction of terms cause it's easy to assume he's in dire straights......but he's dressed well, clean and the guitar is in good shape......anyway..that's what I see....

shooter
Thank you streetshooter - you've showed me a few things that I had not consciously noticed.

It's interesting how two sets of eyes see some things a little differently. Firstly I see, verticals, triangles and squares. (I missed the two horizontal lines, top and bottom - this image has been cropped really well)
The white spot works for me, because it merges with the pattern of the negative space between his leg and the background.
I love the diagonal between his head and the cup.

Of course, he is probably a stock broker who likes to play to a crowd, which explains his clean appearance :deadhorse:

Keith

m_driscoll

"What the...?"

A character from the Shire? There must be some convergence of vibes at this spot. There's often a colorful and unusual individual(s) standing here. Of course, it could be 25' from the musicians and they're always smoking. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

GFI; 14-45mm; 14mm; 1/250s @ f/5; ISO 100

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

V

Vivek

Thanks, Matt. Just like yours (market), this is one familiar place (bus station very near my place and I pass through it almost everyday) and familiar light.

Your last one is a nice capture.

One of my old ones (Epson R-D1s, CV-15, Amsterdam).