The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

kevinparis

vivek... i dont care what camera it as taken on.. shot works or doesn't... as for lens... well you have so many and you can make them work on anything... so i am guessing the guy on the elevator was taken with the RD-1... using a milk bottle from the Schlumpff dairy 1947 or maybe a Offenbergensteiner beer glass pre 1967 when they changed the formula of the glass to make it seem more golden

big smiles

K

JMaher

Simon,

What kind of post processing are you doing to get the 3d look? It's very interesting.

Jim

Will

I've read back through the thread Vivek and have to say I'm not sure what came over me lol

Must have been that I was having a really bad day or something?
Please accept my apologies for the paranoid parts of my previous posts.

Wonderful images in here by the way and I do still think that there is a certain something about different equipment that can add or detract from any given image.

DP1

GRD1

GRD2

JBurnett

Wonderful images in here by the way and I do still think that there is a certain something about different equipment that can add or detract from any given image.
Some excellent images of your own, Will. Had I not been told what camera they came from, I wouldn't have guessed these.

I agree that lenses have characteristics that play a part in the image. And so do sensors, just as film did. However, digital processing can play an even greater role in the final image. Some photographers are slaves to the histogram and to detail. Pure white and pure black is avoided like the plague. Some obsess over sharpness. Some love to experiment with digital filters. There are dozens of different ways to convert a photo to black and white, and each has an impact on the outcome.