The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

m_driscoll

Hi Driscoli, I like the one of the Underpass as well. I lived in London for 9 years and for the life I cannot recall what they call this - tunnel?

I have been taking the 20mm for a few spins and I am beginning to like this lens a lot. Great fun as well. I know that I am in trouble becos I now find that my 14-150mm is too heavy for the GH1. I would hate to swap this out with the 14-140mm.
Thanks for your recommendation becos I am beginning to like the GH1 now. I am am still unhappy about taking pics of RED flowers. Hopefully I can link this soon.

Like that post of yours - especially the way the bike is park!!.

cheers

ric
Ric: Thanks. My wife just told me that it's called a "subway". Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Will

Ric: Thanks. My wife just told me that it's called a "subway". Cheers.

I think this one is under one of the bridges on the Jubilee Walkway on the south bank of the Thames on the way to the Tate Modern. We are more likely to call it an underpass or archway. A subway would normally have to go underground and is anyway thought of as a bit American, though that hasn't stopped our street sign authorities using it inappropriately everywhere recently, a bit like they use zone everywhere now instead of area.

Anyway back to the street.

GRD2

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
John,
Thanks...it was a funny moment tho...after I made the exposure, he raised his camera and did me....

Michael....maybe we're starting something here....nice...

Will

I like that one of Trafalgar Square Michael. I took this night shot a while back. Posted elsewhere before I think.

GRD2

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Young Love

Terrific! Having the two couples makes the shot (along with the giant phallus and splurting fountains).
Yes - there is a lot of stuff going on in there - I think this is the real street photography :salute:

But you have to watch m3photo, he always is there for the perfect photo (he probably closed off the square and had a team of 25 assistants):deadhorse:)

Keith

V

Vivek

When something goes on in public, in broad daylight, there is a need to get close to the action.

m_driscoll

I think this one is under one of the bridges on the Jubilee Walkway on the south bank of the Thames on the way to the Tate Modern. We are more likely to call it an underpass or archway. A subway would normally have to go underground and is anyway thought of as a bit American, though that hasn't stopped our street sign authorities using it inappropriately everywhere recently, a bit like they use zone everywhere now instead of area.

Anyway back to the street.

GRD2
Thanks for the update. The strong light/dark works well in this image with the hysterical headline. Good capture. Cheers.