The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

Helena

What a great thread with inspirational photos. I can't believe I haven't seen it before.
I would like to learn street photography and have started to practice a bit. All taken here in Trondheim with G1 and 20/1.7.

This one has a story:

The silhouette drawing is made by the police, to alert people of a crime that has been committed, and to ask witnesses to come forward.

The victim was a young girl who was beaten and kicked (but not killed, fortunately). The girl who happened to walk by looks a bit "dark and ghostly" because of motion blur, but I think it fits the scene, especially with the eyes in the background "watching her".

It was a combination of patience and luck. Inside the snack bar there is a screen on the back wall where they show ads. The eyes are just a way to grab people's attention, and they are only shown for a short while before there are more ads, then the eyes again etc.. I concentrated on capturing a "suitable" girl in the right position. I hoped to get the eyes too, but couldn't count on it. Of course I was very happy when I got home and saw this.

These are just snapshots, trying out the new camera:

V

Vivek

What a great thread with inspirational photos. I can't believe I haven't seen it before.
I would like to learn street photography and have started to practice a bit. All taken here in Trondheim with G1 and 20/1.7.

Helena, Welcome! I like what you have shown here.:)