The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

J

JohnW

I wish I could say that at capture I noticed how completely the woman's pose mirrored the statue. But it was just a happy coincidence.

John

trisberg

John, great shot. Not just the pose, but also the dark clothing and dark hair contrasts nicely with the statue, plus you got a nice diagonal composition. All in all a very nice shot.

-Thomas

V

Vivek

One from earlier this morning.

Going back to the Computar 25/1.3 from the wretched pana 20 has injected some life into my snapping.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Simon.

Many things..real slow to focus (in AF mode) and is horrible in the MF mode.

Optical rendition of the Computar 25/1.3 (that shot was at f/2.8) is very different than the Pana 20/1.7 in that the rear of the focus plane goes out of focus much more rapidly (Computar).

It is also smaller and sharper for my use.

m3photo

Re: Computar 25/1.3

Optical rendition of the Computar 25/1.3 (that shot was at f/2.8) is very different than the Pana 20/1.7 in that the rear of the focus plane goes out of focus much more rapidly (Computar).

It is also smaller and sharper for my use.
Hi Vivek. The next obvious question is: where can you get one ...

V

Vivek

Hi Michael, When this question pops up from time to time, it has been pointed out by many where the listings are.

Normally, they set you back by $20-$50/each.;)

Mine cost ~5 Euro (I have bought a few others as back up for $20-$50/piece).

m3photo

Re: Teacher

I'd call this one "Exam Time". He seems to me to be a teacher on his way back home to correct a load of exam papers.

On another note, we appreciate these images Vivek; as while they appear "easy" they most certainly are not the simplest of shots to capture by any means. Thanks for posting.

V

Vivek

Thanks for your kind words, Michael! :)

Here is one where many bicycles were blown off by wind.

seakayaker

Shoppers at Franks Quality Produce - Pike Street Market - Seattle, WA

DMC-GF1 - LUMIX G 20/F1.7 -- ISO 100 - f/2 - 1/1300 - 20mm

V

Vivek

Michael, It is a windy place being very flat. I did not imply any connection to the blown bicycles and the lady in the shot.

Here is an IR street shot using a hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 (AFs faster in IR and is a delight to use! :eek:) and a Hoya R72 filter.