The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

scho

Hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 Hoya R72.
I assume the lady in the second shot was wearing sunglasses, most of which are transparent in IR. Careful with your street shots, some polyester fabrics are also IR transparent.;)

V

Vivek

Yes, sunglasses, Carl.

I have been shooting for long enough to know when any clothing would make a subject look bad in IR.

Usually it (seeing through the cloths) is extremely difficult in near IR and the conditions are tough for photo snaps (backlit subjects -> flare). I do screen my images and don't even process any that may look unfit.

Old snaps through a Nikon D80-IR cam. Barcelona 2008.

V

Vivek

Not all sunglasses are transparent in IR. This is an Oakley or Revo with a funky blue looking coating. Totally blocks all IR (in addition to UV).

Godfrey

Panasonic L1 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
ISO 100 @ f/1.4 @ 1/160 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

V

Vivek

Two "sneaky" shots, Don! ;) Love that statue with the statue like man the back.

Here is yet another IR shot.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Simon,
Your doing well with the new camera...it suits you....

Vivek,
Thanks as always.....
it's nice the way you handle the IR, very understated.....

biglouis

I like the ability to live view and frame with the GF-1 in street work, and the discrete size of the camera.

GF-1, 20/1.7

biglouis

Dan and Keith, thanks. My feelings about the power and beauty of the GF-1 and 20/1.7 are well documented within this site.

LouisB

V

Vivek

Street photography old DSLR style (well, not all do it this way with a zoom and leaning on a post to shoot the backs of the people).

Mike Woods

My first post in the Street thread, since this is kind of new territory for me. All with the E-P1, and mostly the 35mm Ultron f1.7 but there's also the Pana 20mm and Nokton 50mm f1.5mm in here as well.
Would be interested in your feedback:

'Blue'

'Sunday'

'Moda Italiana'

'Eye Contact'

'Maclaren Driver'

'10'

'Red & White'

Regards

Mike