The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

Godfrey

Communicating #22

Olympus E-5 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
ISO 200 @ f/2 @ 1/60 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Godrfey,

great shot!

Did you put in some additional vignetting? I think the 25 has normally no vignetting.

Peter

Godfrey

Thank you, Peter!

Did you put in some additional vignetting? I think the 25 has normally no vignetting.
Yes, I have been adding a fairly substantial vignette effect to the photos in this series as part of its look. The Summilux 25 has about a half-stop natural corner/edge light fall-off when wide open, which is just about gone by f/2. I like the look of it and exaggerate it. :)

f6cvalkyrie

Godfrey,

your 'communicating' series is passionating !
I'm really enjoying those :thumbs:

Have a nice sunday,
Rafael

Godfrey

Communicating #23

Olympus E-5 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 320 @ f/3.5 @ 1/10 second, 22mm

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

leuallen

Went to the 38th Annual Mackinaw Community Sale (Illinois) yesterday. First time for me and it was interesting. People tag goods and pile them up by the curbs of about four blocks of the downtown area. Pickup trucks with auctioneers dive down the street and stop at each pile and auction it off.

What amazed me was the number of people who attended. Mackinaw is only about 1500 pop and it looked like it tripled for this event.

First pix show what it was like the rest show some of the interesting people I took pictures of. I have many more interesting pix but just showing individual people here.

The GH2 with swivel screen was great for this. I often held the camera a waist level and used the LCD to compose. The people did not even know their picture had been taken. Used Oly 9-18 and Pany 14-140.

Larry

A

alan b

Hello to a very civilized group. This is my first post although I have been looking for quite some time. I have also included an image taken with a G1 with the 14-45 lens in Florence last August.

Thanks for looking.

Alan