The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

7-14mm Lens question

peterb

Aside from the dust and weather proofing (and the fact that the Zuiko is designed for the 4/3s system)...is there any difference optically between the Zuiko 7 - 14mm f4.0 lens and Pansonic's version of it (also f4.0) designed for the micro 4/3s system?

There's a price difference for sure. But not ridiculous (according to B&H out of NYC about $300 or so). So I'm guessing the optical quality is pretty close.

So just wondering if there was any DNA crossing when the two optics were developed.

Thanks.

andrewteee

Don't know about the optics, but the Panasonic m4/3 7-14mm lens is tiny in comparison. I'm renting one right now, but have not had much of a chance to use it. I've not used the Olympus 7-14mm. I expect they will release an m4/3 version someday.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I do not know the Zuiko lens, but I can assure you that the Pana version is one hell of a lens. Even if it uses software corrections, it's a real pleasure to shoot with that lens.

C U
Rafael

Godfrey

Aside from the dust and weather proofing (and the fact that the Zuiko is designed for the 4/3s system)...is there any difference optically between the Zuiko 7 - 14mm f4.0 lens and Pansonic's version of it (also f4.0) designed for the micro 4/3s system?
They're only very vaguely similar in optical design, at best: