Site Sponsors

Thread: handy dandy item for GF1

Post Thanks / Like

handy dandy item for GF1

After reading about Guy's new Gorillapod, I decided to buy one for my trip next week. I've hesitated before but thought it would be nice to carry instead of lugging a tripod for video with the GF1--and maybe low light/night shots. Got it today--ordered the SLRzoom because it will hold 6.6 pounds and I can use easily with the G1 and any lenses. I also bought the extra ballhead with QR. Nice little addition---it has a spirit level which should be very useful when hooked onto some strange pole or tree or--who knows. I've often wondered if the 'legs' hold up--guess I'll find out.

jerryk

Re: handy dandy item for GF1

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    After reading about Guy's new Gorillapod, I decided to buy one for my trip next week. I've hesitated before but thought it would be nice to carry instead of lugging a tripod for video with the GF1--and maybe low light/night shots. Got it today--ordered the SLRzoom because it will hold 6.6 pounds and I can use easily with the G1 and any lenses. I also bought the extra ballhead with QR. Nice little addition---it has a spirit level which should be very useful when hooked onto some strange pole or tree or--who knows. I've often wondered if the 'legs' hold up--guess I'll find out.
    I have the SLR model and it works well with the GF1. But, it might be a little stressed with a big lens.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree entirely ... the gorillapod with any cheapie ball head is great ... I've mentioned this here a few times and noone has believed me.

While this is my coolpix mounted (took shot with G1) you can see also the snug macro rail I've added too ... handy stuff

You can add a few short lengths of PVC tube to slide onto the legs to get some extra length which can fit on the outside of your back adding nearly 0 extra weight too

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good idea about using pvc tube... I've been singing the praises of this tripod since early last year, when I got one for my DP1.

It's a great fit for the E-P1 + 20mm f1.7... and will even fit into a large vest pocket.

Cheers

Brian