The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Swiss lenses

apicius9

150/3.3 macro is much better than 150/4:thumbup: BTW,where you get it serviced ?
Thanks hakkalo, this means I probably will have to spend more money :rolleyes: And to go one step further: Are there any differences between the newer preset and the non-present 150/3.3? I like the preset 75mm Macro Switar, so I am leaning toward that one. I'll have to see what the prices are...

I have sent a few lenses for servicing to a gentleman in Pennsylvania. I can't say much about the quality because I am still waiting for them to come back, so what I can say is that it is going veeeery slowly. I didn't mind but now I am anxiously waiting for Yvars, Canon TV-16 lenses, a cine Nikkor 10mm and - most importantly -the Angenieux M1 0.95/25 to come back before I go on a short trip in 10 days...

Stefan

apicius9

I finally got a few shots with my Makro Yvar 150/3.3 in today, just a few minutes between a meeting and dinner...

By the water

Diamond Head Honolulu

Here just a quick pic from the same spot with the 20/1.7

Catching dinner

Waiting for the sunset

And here are 2 macro shots

I love the lens. It does vignette a bit more than I had hoped, but overall I am very happy. BTW, the pics are all uncropped jpgs, just a bit of auto-sharpening and auto-contrast in Picasa - and all are hand-held, most around F5.6, so I am sure there is a lot more potential in this lens.

Stefan

hakkalo

I love the lens. It does vignette a bit more than I had hoped, but overall I am very happy. BTW, the pics are all uncropped jpgs, just a bit of auto-sharpening and auto-contrast in Picasa - and all are hand-held, most around F5.6, so I am sure there is a lot more potential in this lens.

Stefan[/QUOTE]

I didn't crop my all my pictures taken with Kern Macro Yvar 150mm f3.3.I found it does vignette more if it set on small aperture.
See this picture:cussing: The former Soviet aircraft carrier Minsk:deadhorse:

apicius9

Today on the way home from work, trying to decide whether to keep the FD 85/1.8 or the Macro Switar 75/1.9. Here are some of the Switar, GH1, wide open, minimal PP (jpgs in Picasa).

The Kern shows less purple fringing, has the macro option and looks cooler :) So, the Kern is clearly in the lead. Will have to look again stopped down and reg. corner performance before I make the final decision.

Stefan

apicius9

Kern Pillard Macro Yvar 150mm F3.3

Just checking: I don't see a picture and only see the link in this reply when I quote - and when I follow the link, I don't get a picture. Is that my settings or a general problem? Thanks,

Stefan

hakkalo

Just checking: I don't see a picture and only see the link in this reply when I quote - and when I follow the link, I don't get a picture. Is that my settings or a general problem? Thanks,

Stefan
I can see the picture.:D

Tullio

What a great collection of images. Some pretty impressive results coming from these lenses...it made me want some! Deadly!!!!

gumphoto

Stefan
With Firefox, I cannot see the pictures either. They are displayed when using MS Explorer.