Site Sponsors

Thread: Possible Bug in the GF1???

Post Thanks / Like

Possible Bug in the GF1???

Either this is a weird bug on the camera...or it's just my camera.

When setting the film mode option, you have these options: "Multi Film", "Multi Film 1," "Multi Film 2," & "Multi Film 3." I had Multi Film 1 set to "standard", Multi Film 2 set to "Vibrant" & Multi Film 3 set to Black & White Dynamic.

When I snap a picture, I noticed that every 3rd. picture was in Black & White...in other words, each snap is cycling through the Film Modes.

I have to set all 3 film modes to the same setting so I can consistently shoot.

Anyone else notice this...or is there something else I didn't set right?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Possible Bug in the GF1???

You can set the camera to take the same picture 3 times, one with each film mode. So if you go to multi film mode and set three different film modes AND you then shoot in multi you get three shots. If you only want one shot you should just use that single film mode not the multi.

example:
    If I want Dynamic B&W I will go to that setting. However, if I want the camera to make 3 different jpegs I could set one to smooth B&W, one to dynamic B&W and a third to nature or even your own custom ones (my film). Set the camera to burst and then hold the shutter down and the camera will take three exposures, one each way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to set anything other than Multi Film. How do I change out of Multi Film mode?

Thanks for the help.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two ways,
    In the Record Menu (camera) it is the first choice on the first page. use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the choices (only relevant if you are shooting jpeg). Alternatively, on the quick menu when you get to the film mode option you will see a whole list of choices.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I figured it out...but do provide your explanation to verify. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Success! Thanks...not a bug after all, but a useful feature.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you figured out the fact that your camera does not have a bug. Things like that happen to me all the time. New cameras just have way too many options for an old guy like me.

Last weekend I was doing a wedding for my nephew. I'm a retired Army chaplain so I was doing the service. Nevertheless, I carried my cameras. I used my GF-1 and handed my 50D to my son. (My son has a 5D MKII but he didn't bring it with him. He's a computer engineer by trade.) He started doing all kinds of things with the 50D that I never knew it could do. Maybe I should stick with my old film cameras.

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout spend more cam time with your son?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    How bout spend more cam time with your son?

Bob
    I wish I could. He's in California. I'm in North Carolina.

I'll just keep reading the manual and getting good pointers from this forum.